New catch!

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, as far as copyright goes, that's perfectly understandable.

Please let us know when you can post the pic of the male Hogna helluo.

I have a feeling that you're going to be a valuable asset to the "Other Arachnids" forum, Pauly.:)

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mom and babies...

Thanks man! She is quite a nice looking gal, Here is a pic of her with her babies on her back too!

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Wolf3.jpg

These are truely cool true spiders. If you consider she is holding a full grown adult cricket in her fangs, (In the first pic), you can get a good idea on her size.

Swifty

Last edited:

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Kelly, have you ever thought about selling them? Or are you... since it had babies. I certainly think they would be good sellers (I know all sorts of people looking all over the place for them). I know personally I would buy them, especially if you captive bred them!

Anyway, just some suggestions,

Pauly

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh yeah, Kelly, I checked your server (/pix) and I don't think you uploaded that last picture. I would be interested in seeing it.

She is really beautiful though... I miss mine. They really are my favorite spiders.

Pauly

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
more...

Hey Paul, I think the link works now...

These are captive born. I recieved an adult male, and adult female, from a guy in New Mexico. Now it is possible that the females was gravid from the wild, but I did successfully bred them, whether my breeding resulted in the offspring, who knows?
Either way, they are sweet!

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, they have larger spiderlings then I would expect.. a plus. I never have been able to get the eggsacs to hatch from these guys, they always "throw them away". Of course I didn't really "try" hard to get it to work, perhaps next time I'll put them in a quieter room, or raise the humidity level.

I certainly hope you are going to sell these :) hehe... I might just HAVE to snatch them up. A lot of them in fact. I want to raise them from babies and captive breed them :)
Anywho, good night Kelly,

Pauly

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would certainly be interested in a Wolf spider. I live in Pennsylvania and they are suposed to be common here and very large. I've been looking hi and low and have not found one. I do have 3 Jumping Spiders which are facinating to watch. I feed them small crix. Let me know if you want to sell one of those Wolfs.
Blessings, Al

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
heh

just another thing for you to get bit by...but perhaps your parents wouldnt flip over a wolfie .... I say grab one. I had one once and she munched her sac and died shortly after.

eep-
looseyfur

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was just kinda woosey from the venom when I went to feed the others, not in the right mind I guess. I'm finally staring to feel better, so hopefully I can tell everyone about the effects soon. Can't stay on the comp too long, my eyes get kinda funny and I feel weird, oh well, I should be good in a week or so i'm guessing, recoverys going great so far. Very interesting effects I might add, more later, i'll start a new post in a few days detailing everything, maybe a pic of my finger.
Steve