New camera, new Hardwickei pics

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Still getting to know the camera... The Hardwickei are growing fast.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am so jealous, I really wish I could find this species where I am. They are the number 1 on my list.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they seem to be safe to handle at that size.

they do grow really fast compare to my other pedes. at what temperature are you keeping them at?

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's beautiful. :)
Thank you, they are IMO the best looking centipede right after the true Gigantea and Viridicornis, two species I might never have.{D

I am so jealous, I really wish I could find this species where I am. They are the number 1 on my list.
I'm just lucky that Draiman's female had a clutch, or I'd never have owned the 4 I have at all.:clap:

they seem to be safe to handle at that size.

they do grow really fast compare to my other pedes. at what temperature are you keeping them at?
LOL I was actually bitten a while ago while trying to get pics(which is impossible...).
And yeah, they molt at the same rate as the "tiger legs" plings that I have, but grow so much more with each molt, and were huge at "birth" to begin with.

I'm in a tropical country, and the temperature here is anything from over 20 degrees(during the monsoon seasons, and at night) to over 30 degrees Celsius.
Though temperatures in the cupboard I keep them are usually mid 20s.

Nice pede where can I get one?
You'll just have to look hard enough.
They are becoming much more available than they used to be now.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha, thanks for the bite report :D!

I always handle mine and they never bite me and knowing that the bite is not that bad, i will never have to worry about it.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha, thanks for the bite report :D!

I always handle mine and they never bite me and knowing that the bite is not that bad, i will never have to worry about it.
LOL, they must have those crazy colors for a reason.
These are still small, and the pede probably didn't inject a lot of venom.
And adult might be a different story. LOL

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just a few more. ;P

First, the newest member, "the runt".

Post molt.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice pede where can I get one?
Keep your eyes open in the next couple of months ;)

Amazing pictures man! I almost want a new camera to take better pictures of my own two S. hardwickei.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow great pictures man. I really do love this species, I might have to do some serious searching and see if I can get some.