New C. cyaneopubescens sling!

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

I received my first sling this morning and I was wondering if the housing I have for him/her is okay? I did some research and read that a jam jar was sufficient, so that's what I have used. There is already heavy condensation on the glass. I know this species like dry substrate but I've read slings need moist substrate. She seems to have settled in and is already webbing the jar! Thanks!

Mez

Arachnoknight
Aye, will be fine. Was considering one of these from TSS, Is that where you got yours?

Alboy84

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I just got a GBB sling (along P regalis and H Mac slings) yesterday from TSS. It's a cute little thing, as it's only about 1cm I've just put a little substrate (coco fibre) and tiny bit of cork bark in the little tub it came it. Put a few little holes in the top and thats it, at least until it molts.

First time I've ordered from there, hopefully won't be the last...

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Ok cool. Are the holes for the T to burrow? I might put some cork bark in to block some of the enclosure off so it isn't as big. I got my A. avicularia and PZB from TSS and they're awesome. Are there any other online stores in the UK?

Mez

Arachnoknight
Not that can beat TSS prices. Virginiacheeseman.co.uk and Martin Goss (google his name, think its martin-chearlius.co.uk or something) stock stuff but ive only ever ordered off cheeseman once, TSS multiple times.
Any pics of the sling?
The holes will be for ventilation, this species dosnt burrow even when small i believe, and certainly couldnt in the lid! ;)

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
ah I misunderstood. I thought you meat holes in the substrate so the slings could burrow. Yeah I have about 10 holes i the jam jar lid for ventilation. In terms of pics, I only the one I posted on here at the minute. I'll try and get some tomorrow! I'll also check those sites out. Cheers!

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Also, am I okay to wrap something round the jar in order to insulate more warmth? I mean, as long as I don't cover the ventilation holes. Something like a sock.