New B.dubia

????josh????

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I took the plunge and started a B.dubia colony. I've got about 60 of them most are late instar nymphs and about 15 adults. I'd just like to know other keepers' experiences with this roach.

Here are some pics!

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good feeder.i have had mine for about 6 mounths.i started with 50 now i have 200.i use a heat pad and a heat rock in a 20 gallon tank.with a blanket on top.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Probably the easiest animal I've ever kept/bred. Hasn't bred in the numbers I was expecting but...
Plus no smell and no noise=:clap: :clap:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Although dubia are excellent feeders, I do believe they're over-hyped. I've known keepers who say arboreal tarantulas ignore them, even to the point where they referred to them as 'co-habitating'.

I always reccomend starting a 'climber' colony, as well as a non climber colony. I'm one of the signiffigant minority who prefers N. cinerea ;)

Of course, I have like 8 roach colonies :)

If you search this forum for 'Roaches', you will come up with some really, really good and complete info.

the_frog_kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they are amazing
breed like wild fire
and yes some things will not take them
but for me they are perfect
i think the arboreal T's would benifit from stick inest feeders

thanx froggy

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are amazing
breed like wild fire
and yes some things will not take them
but for me they are perfect
i think the arboreal T's would benifit from stick inest feeders

thanx froggy
Have you ever considered writing things in hiaku? ;P

Stickbug feeders are illegal in the states (doesn't mean they're not around, though).

I always introduce the lobster roaches right at the mouth of the T's webbing burrow. The first thing they do is look for shelter...right into the waiting jaws of a really big spider.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Poecilotheria rufilata

i have a Poecilotheria rufilata that will not eat them.but she is the only one out of 15 tarantulas.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been receiving some of these recently from an AB member. I have 6 Heterometrus scorps, only a couple of trop T's, some Aphonopelma T's and several centipedes. They all go after the doobs, esp the Heterometrus scorps. I mix feeders up though. They still get crix sometimes and I pick up moths and other stuff around my porch light in the warmer months for food.

????josh????

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the input everyone, I'm planning on using these to feed my scorps, and horned frog. Though I may have to get some smaller roaches to feed my scorplings.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been kinda on the mix of the whole thing with Roaches... The B.Dubai's are awesome for my ground T's, But The Couple Arboreal's that I DO have wont take them unless they come to the ground and happen to find one that's been hiding for a while in the substrate. I kinda like the Hissers, especially the younger ones for my climbers...Thinking about giving lobster's a try though...The Roaches I've got eat just about everything from fruit to canned beans And They're already breading like wildfire, so Who knows...We'll just have to see what happens next. Right now though, I'm going to stick with the Dubai's and Crix for my T's...

the_frog_kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha my 3 horned frogs love them
my smallest horned frog ate 3 dubia almost his own size
i thought he was going to burst lol
big jaged protusion sticking out the side of him for a few hours lol

thanx froggy

????josh????

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah my horned frog seems to love them. Now a ton of the dubia nymphs I had are molting!