New auto-injector

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi All,

On this moment there is a new auto-injector on the marked introduced with the name : Anapen

It has the same work as the Epipen but the Anapen are better in use and the needle are smaller

For treatment a Anaphylactic shock

http://www.anapen.co.uk/

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never a bad thing to have one laying around the good 5 scale enclosures. Thank you Tityus.

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First

When you get a sting of a Medical Important scorpion you must handle carefully.

1. Stay calm
2. Use Aspivenin
3. Cold compression
4. Antihistaminicum (Tavegil) = (Antihistaminicum can be used to stop a Allergic Reaction )
5. Epipen or Anapen (0.3mg Adult, 0.15mg Junior) (Only use this when a Anaphylactic Reaction)
6. Go to hospital

When you get a sting from a medical important species ofcourse you don't use your epipen or anapen only when you have anaphylactic reactions !!!!

Symptoms of anaphylaxis

These usually occur within minutes of exposure to a trigger

.Itching or a strange metallic taste in the mouth
.Swelling of the throat and tongue
.Difficulty in swallowing
.Difficulty in breathing
.Hives anywhere on the body
.Generalised flushing of the skin
.Abdominal cramps and nausea
.Increased heart rate
.Sudden feeling of weakness or floppiness
.Collapse and unconsciousness

pokermon919

Arachnopeon
i have a quick question concerning stings and the possibility of getting this product. I saw a thread where c. vittatus was listed medically significant and I know c. vittatus on a 1-5 is only a 2.

I've been stung by bees and such many timees when I was younger. Should my scorps give me enough worry to obtain this item?

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Pokermon,

I give people advice when they will keep scorpions what belong to the family Buthidae it's better to have a Anapen or Epipen. All scorpions to this family have strong venom and you never know how is the reaction of your body to a sting of a scorpion what belong to the Buthidae family.

pokermon919

Arachnopeon
where can i order if I'm from the US? going to keep a couple around the house just in case.

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes you need a prescription and the pharmacy has these auto-injectors.

these and the Epipen

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For everyones future reference, at what point should the medicine be injected, immeditately if you start to expirence the symptoms listed above? I've heard that you can become ill if you use an epipen and your body doesn't need it, but I'm not certain. Plus they are quite expensive I thought so it would be a shame to use it if you didn't need to. But nonetheless a great find and an extremely helpful tool to our community. Thanks again,

Ed

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Pokermon,

I give people advice when they will keep scorpions what belong to the family Buthidae it's better to have a Anapen or Epipen.
I'm going to my doctor in less than a week, could I ask him for a percription for them? Any idea if they stock these products in Norway? How much do they cost?

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes you can ask it on your doctor and if you tell him/her that you keep venemous animals most doctors give you directly a prescription. I think you keep it for free normal your health assurance pay it.

You must inject them on the outsite of your leg.

http://www.anapen.co.uk/a_anapen/a_anapen.htm