A. australis ( 5th instar?)

L.quinquestriatus hebreus (3rd instar?)

Un saludo
Carles

P.D:Sorry for the blurry pics, it's a new camera:eek:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How do you tell the difference between L.q and L.q hebreus? Is the subspecies much different?

intrinsic_scorp

Arachnopeon
Difference between subspecies

The one I have is ordered from Glades Herps in Florida. They told me it was the LQ (or LQQ), not the Hebreus. This one has more of a golden brown instead of the pale yellow on the tail and pincers. Furthermore, the black is not prominent on the pincers. It is pretty much the golden brown color.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
YEah i have an L.q.q too i just wanted to know the major differences between the 2. I Really want a L.q.h too. Oh well i'm broke and unemployed right now :(.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YEah i have an L.q.q too i just wanted to know the major differences between the 2. I Really want a L.q.h too. Oh well i'm broke and unemployed right now :(.
I got L.q and L.q.h. I didn't really see any big difference except for the color and their chela. L.q have longer and thinner Chela. Atleast that's what it looks like to me.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool additions! I hate to get bit by one of those :D

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Androctonus is and subadult or adult specimen. Scorpions (especially buthids) age in different instars and not always in fixed numbers. So regardless of what instar your specimen is, by the looks of the metasoma and the size in comparison with other items in the picture, I think it is at least a subadult.
Can't really tell it in case of the Leiurus.....