new additions?

BullF-16

Arachnopeon
Hey all, this is my first post to this site. I am new to the hobby (5 weeks now) and looking to add to my family of T's. I have a female T blondi 6 inch fresh off a molt, a 5 inch B. Smithi, a 3 inch A semmani, a G rosea 4 inch, and 5 slings (1 green bottle, 1 mex red rump, 1 costa rican red, and 2 hond. curlys. Money not really a problem as I am hooked!! What would all of you suggest, looking for about 3 new T's for now.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
The next on my list is a G. pulchura... probably the blackest one available. Large, docile, and gorgeous!

We ALL have our favorites though... prepare yourself, you're going to get a list as long as 8 legs end-to-end!!

You have a fantastic start though, some really great Ts!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A. geniculata is next on my wish list..... Big beautiful spider. I also have a Usambara orange baboon, and a rose hair named Mr. Jingles.....

Send me some T money???*L* j/k

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you thought about an arboreal T? I really enjoy my Avicularia sp. very much and the majority of mine are docile and not too hard to handle (if you're into that).

G. pulchra and A. geniculata are on my wish list also. Some of the Pamphobeteus sp. are just awesome looking, I've been considering a couple of those too.

Let us know what you decide on!

Cyprinus01

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

This is also my first post.
I absolutely love this forum, a lot of information about the T's.
I've only one T a G. Pulchra --> male, about 3 years, he’s very defensive, but very funny spider. He's like my cat, with a completely own character.

Now I'm very busy convincing my mom that one T isn't enough (she doesn't like them very much you know).
My next T will definitely be the Cobalt Bleu, I like these little devils from the beginning.

I hope that I can make some pictures of the G. , so that I can show him to you.

Oh, and KelliH, congratulations with you're picture 'link', a fantastic photo’s collection you’ve got there!:)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yup. It's definately time to get some arborials. I suggest A. versicolor and as long as money isn't an issue, why not get an A. minitrix. You might also consider an arborial from the genus Tapinauchenius. I'm not sure if they can be considered as handleable as an Avicularia species, but they are pretty.

Jon

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
You might also consider an arborial from the genus Tapinauchenius. I'm not sure if they can be considered as handleable as an Avicularia species, but they are pretty.
Understatement of the year goes to Jon ;P
Taphinauchenius are more like a Psalmopoeus or Poecilotheria in terms of speed and temperament - not at all a handling spider.

That's one of things that makes most Avics so sweet - they look good but they let you work with them easily as well.