New additions to my army of avics!

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Alright, so after enough begging and complaining about some new Ts I wanted my parents finally decided to buy them for me as an early birthday present to get me to shut up. :angelic:
Last week I ordered 4 avics from Paul at petcenterUSA, they shipped Monday and after staying home all day waiting by the door for the fedex man to arrive, I finally got my new Ts today! I was so thrilled when they all got here okay, especially with priority shipping and the tempatures slowly dropping as the day went on (probably never doing 2day with avics again, I was stressed out of my mind worrying about them..) I got an A. diversipes, A. purpurea, A. minatrix (I named it apricot... so tiny and orange and fuzzy <3) and an A. amazonica. So my collection is now up to 11 Ts, 7 of those being avics. Possibly one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten, so here are some poor quality pictures of the lil guys! Yaaaayyy!! :D

Diversipes must be camera shy, it turned around and burried its face in the back of the vial as soon as I got the camera out.

Also, if you guys have any name suggestions for them let me know. So far I have only named 4 Ts I've got; my tiny versicolor named bug, my new mintrix named apricot, my LP named banana, and my B. emilia named Taco. I usually don't name my animals, and if I do I'm not the most creative... as you can tell. :embarrassed:

Anyways.. I am just super excited about my new tarantulas and wanted to share with you all. Ill post more slightly less terrible quality pics as soon as they venture out of their vials. :) Most of them are tucked away munching on their first cricket right now.

Attachments

Unlostlamb

Arachnopeon
I don't know which is which, they are adorable! You should name one of the lighter ones either Socks or Doby since they look like hey are wearing socks. :happy::embarrassed::)

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
I actually had the name socks in mind, but not for one of these guys. Eventually I want to get a GBB sling, and name it socks. :p As babies they look like they are wearing long socks.

I labled the pics. :3

Last edited:

Unlostlamb

Arachnopeon
Amazonica could be "Amazon" how's that for originality! :astonished:

You could also name amazonica Tereis which is the name of a Amazon warrior and means "piercer"

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congratulations :D

A. minatrix are one of my all time favourite Ts, and the name Apricot is about the cutest name ever!!

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Purpurea could be "kitty kitty" since it's a PURPURea. ( Ok. I need to stop. -_- )
Kitty the spider. Lol sounds like something I'd actually name it. ;)
That's better than Barney, which my friend suggested because it'll be purple when it grows up. :rolleyes:

Congratulations :D

A. minatrix are one of my all time favourite Ts, and the name Apricot is about the cutest name ever!!
I'm loving him so far, first think he did when I fed him was tackle the cricket so hard he did 3 somersaults in his little vial. It was pretty cute. :cat:
Amazonica could be "Amazon" how's that for originality! :astonished:

You could also name amazonica Tereis which is the name of a Amazon warrior and means "piercer"
I have no idea how to pronounce that. Amazonicas grown up colors remind me of cotton candy... so probably going to end up with another spider with a food related name. :p

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm loving him so far, first think he did when I fed him was tackle the cricket so hard he did 3 somersaults in his little vial. It was pretty cute. :cat:

Haha sounds about right! I have a female I hooope is gravid right now... I want a pile of minatrix slings ❤

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and an A. amazonica.
This is incorrectly typed out. This Pink Toe is not scientifically characterized, its name is A. sp. amazonica. The sp. stands for species. They were originally exported from the state of Amazonas in Brazil.

Only the females retain the red abdomen, the males lose it on their final molt. I had a MM that I sent off for breeding, and he was pretty large. So have a good sized tank in a few years or so for it.

If you feed it properly, your minatrix will reach adult size in less than 3 years IF female. They don't require too much space at all. They are the only Avic that retains the tiger striping into adulthood. My AF is gorgeous and is easily one of my favorites. Don't let their size fool you, they are pretty fast for such small Ts. Faster than a human at times.

Have fun!

Last edited:

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
This is incorrectly typed out. This Pink Toe is not scientifically characterized, its name is A. sp. amazonica. The sp. stands for species. They were originally exported from the state of Amazonas in Brazil.

Only the females retain the red abdomen, the males lose it on their final molt. I had a MM that I sent off for breeding, and he was pretty large. So have a good sized tank in a few years or so for it.

If you feed it properly, your minatrix will reach adult size in less than 3 years IF female. They don't require too much space at all. They are the only Avic that retains the tiger striping into adulthood. My AF is gorgeous and is easily one of my favorites. Don't let their size fool you, they are pretty fast for such small Ts. Faster than a human at times.

Have fun!
Thanks! That's some pretty cool information, I didn't know a lot of that. :D

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Kitty the spider. Lol sounds like something I'd actually name it. ;)
That's better than Barney, which my friend suggested because it'll be purple when it grows up. :rolleyes:
Barney was my first thought for my purpurea. Ended up going with Porphyria (purpurea -> purple -> porphyry is a purple rock -> Porphyria (which is a disease, but is derived from a Greek word meaning purple pigment)...