New A. versicolor! My second T!

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
I actually got her a few months back at the tacoma reptile expo.... but I was cruising arachnoboards today and realized I never posted about her. It needed to be rectified.

I think she's female but at this size it's hard to tell. She is bigger now but still to fast/fragile to get a good pic of the bottom of her.

Anyway here's Figaro.

Here's a vid of her catching a cricket: VIDEO

She's growing like a weed and is currently living in a little critter keeper turned on it's side. Soon I'll upgrade her to a 5.5gal.
I'll have to take some current pics tonight and post them tomorrow.

Anyways there she is... I can check the versicolor off my wanted list.... only 10+ to go. :}
My bf is certainly glad that my T collection (just the A. versicolor and a G. rosea) isn't growing as fast as my Snake collection. ;P

Cheers!

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
She's such a cutie! My versi is my favorite, she's always such a sweetheart. (Haha, how's that for anthropomorphizing)

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shes so cute :) :) :clap: :clap: Wait a couple of more molts , you will have a different spider :D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Thanks everybody! The versicolor was top of my list so when I saw her at the show I had to get her.

I know I promised more pics... but life is catching up with me... or I'm having trouble catching up with life :?
:rolleyes: Anyway. I may get around to more pics sometime but not in this thread.

Anyone else want to share pics of their versicolor instead? :drool:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didnt realize they would still be so blue at that size. Mine has a long way to go!

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
I didnt realize they would still be so blue at that size. Mine has a long way to go!
I have really small hands so I'm not sure how tiny she was shows.
A few months later and she's brown-ish colored now... still a pretty metalic color though...

grrrr.. where is my camera!? :confused:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I think yours is a lot bigger than mine haha. Mine molted once since this picture but didnt put much size on. All my avics grow so slowly :( My B.smithi went from 1/2 an inch to 3 inchs in a year. My avics De-molt back into egg form.
They just love making me wait.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Sorry for the HORRIBLE quality :wall: :wall:

Thats how yours will look in about 3 molts :D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon

I think yours is a lot bigger than mine haha. Mine molted once since this picture but didnt put much size on. All my avics grow so slowly :( My B.smithi went from 1/2 an inch to 3 inchs in a year. My avics De-molt back into egg form.
They just love making me wait.
Wow! tiny and so very very cute :p ... I'd be afraid of loosing or breaking her.

Sorry for the HORRIBLE quality :wall: :wall:

Thats how yours will look in about 3 molts :D
Mines already turning that color... still smaller looking though. Like I said the pics I posted are old. From the day I got her/him... I'm having troubles getting current pics. Trying though.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! tiny and so very very cute :p ... I'd be afraid of loosing or breaking her.

Mines already turning that color... still smaller looking though. Like I said the pics I posted are old. From the day I got her/him... I'm having troubles getting current pics. Trying though.
My girl (in that pic) is 4" :D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cute!

If all the reptiles I desired weren't so expensive, I'd go crazy with that, too. {D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Very cute!

If all the reptiles I desired weren't so expensive, I'd go crazy with that, too. {D
What's on your "DO WANT" list?

I keep "acquiring" them.... :rolleyes:
1/2 my snakes were given to me... "oh, you own snakes! do you want this one?" lol
But yes the reptiles tend to be more expensive to setup and stuffs. And I did buy my geckos, bp, and one of my red tails and I just spent all of my money building a 8 sqft cage for said redtail. So I know they can be more costly to keep.

Still a little money's no reason to not collect them. :cool: I mean there are T's out there that cost as much to get, so.....

Last edited:

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
more pics

finally got some more pics uploaded. :wall:

Current pics:

I've been saying she but..... this is the first time I've seen the bottom of her/him since I got her/him. I think I was wrong. Any experts know for sure.
Did I end up with a boy?

pics of her in web and more on my hand to come... very slow downloader :wall:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Better pics would be helpful . But you know what would be awesome ? You live in Seattle and I live in Granit Falls , and if you got a MM , I would have a MF for him :D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Better pics would be helpful . But you know what would be awesome ? You live in Seattle and I live in Granit Falls , and if you got a MM , I would have a MF for him :D
I actually live in Bremerton now... guess I need to change my city...
I'll try to get some better pics.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I think you may have a boy. the pics are a bit fuzzy and the glass doesnt help.