Never noticed this before

illy

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

i spotted my goli walking around the terra, this afternoon (which is strange on itself), she was docile as ive never seen her and when i got the change to inspect her up close i noticed her cracked skin on the legs -> nothing special but underneath you can see red 'skin'? normally you can see the new skin under there + she molted only a month ago

anybody any ideas, i suspect it might be too dry so i did some extra moistering in her terra (but dont wanna overdo that as i changed the substrate two weeks ago due to fungus :s)

regards

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats normal... (if im lookin at the same thing u r) its just the knee joints.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I first noticed those cracks on my T. Blondi, then I noticed it on my G. Rosea and H. Lividium too.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cracks

I dont get what is meant either, the T looks fine.

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
I'll naturally assume it's the striping because of the red "skin" that was said to be seen. Otherwise looks healthy.

illy

Arachnopeon
Thx for the replies all

I know these 'cracks' (they arent stripes imo, as it seems to be a different layer of skin underneath) are normal with older T's ( see them on my smithy too), but normally i see dark skin underneath -> ive never seen it red like this (i suspect its cuz she molted a few weeks ago)

maybe ive been blowing my horn too soon, but id rather be safe then sorry :D

thx again :worship: