never compare your girlfriend!!!

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So last night I was at the movies waiting for the previews to start and my girlfriend got upset because I had changed my cell phone wallpaper from a picture of her to one of my tarantulas. She was asking why I had done it and I said "well just look how beautiful this tarantula is." She took it as me comparing her to the tarantula and now ill never hear the end of it. So have you ever been in trouble for compaing the ladies and tarantulas?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So last night I was at the movies waiting for the previews to start and my girlfriend got upset because I had changed my cell phone wallpaper from a picture of her to one of my tarantulas. She was asking why I had done it and I said "well just look how beautiful this tarantula is." She took it as me comparing her to the tarantula and now ill never hear the end of it. So have you ever been in trouble for compaing the ladies and tarantulas?
I cant say I have been in trouble.. But I have been told to make a choice.. Either I got rid of my Scorpions and T's or she was gone... Well.. :D They are still here and she is gone! :eek: :D

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL thats too funny. Back when I was dating my ex, I put together a collage of pics with both her and my T (only had an H. mac) for my comp wallpaper. I knew she'd be pissed if it was just the spider {D

Lunar

Arachnopeon
Yeah, a few nights ago, my girlfriend was talking about the movie Legion we just got done watching, and was talking about one of the actors how he was an Atheist and then played Archangel Michael. Well I was reading things on here so I just said "Thats crazy" Later on before we went to bed she said she still can't believe it. This time I was actually listening and I said "Wow really he is?" She replied "Yeah, weren't you listening earlier? What were you doing?" Well I told her I was on here then I felt bad because I put my furthering my knowledge of T's before her. I'm just lucky enough to have an amazing girl that is actually starting to think T's are cute. {D

Herpetologydude

Arachnosquire
I've named all my female tarantula's AFTER lady friends of mine haha! Most of them seem to love it! Even though the majority of them would never want to hold or touch the critters themselves!

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
ive been with my g/f almost 3 years now... and i dont have an actual picture of her on me.. in my wallet i have pics of my female friends... lol

Mvskokee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I get accused of loving my animals more than my ole lady(NOT TRUE!) But she insists:wall:

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Everytime I set up my desktop background with an arachnid pic it is always magically changed when I come home. Go figure.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there are so many similarties between women and T's... and yet im still single LOL

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hear about it all the time when I am on arachnoboards! At least I am not the only one.:D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I can't say much, because it was my girlfriend that got me into T's. Which is great because we talk about them all the time and talk about getting more. I had bought her a rose hair this past christmas and the first time she tried to get me to hold it, I ran out the door lol. Almost three months later I now own two myself, G. Rosea and G. Pulchripes, love them both, but not as much as my girlfriend :) It's great having a girlfriend that loves T's too :D

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow those are some good stories I like the screen saver one best. Ill bet some of the ladies have the same issues with their men.

So after that discussion we had another one in which she said she didn't think she would be able to live with tarantulas in the house but she would be willing to give it a 6 month trial. I told her it wasn't acceptable. She ended up saying we could have them in the garage in a seperate tarantula room.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My girlfriend always talks about wanting to have her own tarantula room :D which I also think is a great idea.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How about this...
When my wife found out I was interested in tarantulas she said, " I am putting my foot down on this one! If you bring home spiders I am leaving!" I have had many different creatures, and she does not want any more. Well, I bought 4 G pulchra back in December, and recently bought three more. She still has no idea I have them. I keep them in my classroom, so... technically, I have not brought home spiders.
I hope she doesn't leave when she finds out.....I might miss her:).

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow those are some good stories I like the screen saver one best. Ill bet some of the ladies have the same issues with their men.
Alas, t'is true! My husband always complains that I'm obsessed with my pets (true :eek:) and that I spend more time looking after them than with him (only partially true). He was adamant that I would not get any more spiders than the 10 that I already have but in the end he actually agreed to get me a spider for my birthday (Euathlus sp. 'blue' in case you're all wondering!) :D. So I guess for him it was a case of 'If you can't beat them, join them!'
He still has no interest in Ts whatsoever but at least now I can expand my collection and I do get my own spider room/office in the house :)

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This subject is too funny. My fiancée always asks. Who has more sex in this household? I always answer that it's all about the molt cycle babe ;).

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lol, my man has finally put his foot down on me getting a centipede or tailless whip scorpion. He tells me that they're the "stuff of nightmares". He only agrees that I can have my three teeny little Liocheles australasiae scorpions as long as he cannot see them ever, and I cannot show him my T's or their moults, but it's ok if he sees them in their enclosures (which he usually avoids, but they're next to our front door on a bookshelf, lol).

He recently said it was ok if I got as many T's as I wanted, since they don't do anything anyway and don't take up much space (and I have a thing for dwarfs so they REALLY don't take up much space), that was nice to hear.

Everyone has their little obsessions. For him it's video games and graphic novels (I have the same loves, so I share them of course), so he gets something, i get something.

I do admit I take more photos of the spiders than I do of our kid, and my man? I don't think I have ANY photos of him outside of cosplay photos from Otakon.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my wife never said anything about the bug&animals. she has prevented me from making stupid buys i couldnt afford though.

she gripes most about me being on here all the time. she said i should get payed because im on here all the time.....:rolleyes:(which is a tad exaggerated)

i have been pretty fortunate though. i have a picture of my desert hairy as my computer background, pic of my king baboon as my screen saver. and on our phone is a picture of my dream car. (1967 Plymouth GTX Belvedere)

i have my own T room and never hear nothing about it.

i get bored very easy and i have way to many "hobbies" to keep me busy. so she just accepts i have my things.

but if she didnt, she could move out!;P

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This thread is a relief and reminds me why I like being picky about who I am with! lol

My boyfriend has Ts, and we spend alot of time doing "T stuff" together... and we don't live together, so he can't dictate how many I have :D

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
This thread is a relief and reminds me why I like being picky about who I am with! lol
Isn't it though? :eek:

My boyfriend has Ts, and we spend alot of time doing "T stuff" together...
I'm lucky enough to be in a similar situation - and doing T stuff with someone else is sooo much more enjoyable. And I've learned a lot from him! :)