needing a few pointers.(experienced Versi breeders)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So this is crazy, I paired my female versi back in march. on the 20th actually.

here it is september. almost 7 months now, and nothing.:eek: She is HUGE! Im pretty sure she is gravid, but just not dropping. I have cooled her off. warmed her back up, flooded her tank...pretty much all I can think of to induce a sac with other species. Yet she still wont drop.

Now from all the breeding reports I have read, it seems this species usually take anywhere from 60 to 130 days to drop. So is this normal? She has to be gravid, because she is HUGE!:eek: I am just trying to determine whats going on. and get some opinions on this.

All I know is if I can get her to drop a sac and its good, Its going to be bigger than a ping pong ball easily.

oh and room temps are:

78F-constant, it doesnt change

I cooler her for a week at 68F. then gradually brought her back up to 78F(over the course of a week) while I was warming her I dumped 12oz of water on her substrate. and misted heavily. that brings us up to now. sitting back at 78F.

Any advice?:eek:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am in the SAME boat. She keeps thickening her tubeweb as well.Just be patient,and pray she does not molt out on you.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
You should have left the temps at 82F from the beginning. I doubt she is gravid after 8 months though.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ I never had her at 82F...I keep my room 78F it is a constant controlled room. the only fluctuation is the humidity in the actual room. it varies from 65% to 70%RH.

And its 7 months. And Trust me she is defiantly GRAVID! I MEAN HUGE!! not like premolt huge either. I just cant get her to drop.

Anyway. If anyone else has some advice Id like to hear it. Until then...its the waiting game.:eek:

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^ I never had her at 82F...I keep my room 78F it is a constant controlled room. the only fluctuation is the humidity in the actual room. it varies from 65% to 70%RH.

And its 7 months. And Trust me she is defiantly GRAVID! I MEAN HUGE!! not like premolt huge either. I just cant get her to drop.

Anyway. If anyone else has some advice Id like to hear it. Until then...its the waiting game.:eek:
The male's juice is dead by now.. if she drops the sack, they wont be 'fertile'. She started the process already and perhaps she's waiting to be fertilized by the male again. If he's around, give it another go, I'd say. Similar situation happened with my B. smithi and B. emilia.. I threw the males in there again, and they look to be about to burst.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The male's juice is dead by now.. if she drops the sack, they wont be 'fertile'. She started the process already and perhaps she's waiting to be fertilized by the male again. If he's around, give it another go, I'd say. Similar situation happened with my B. smithi and B. emilia.. I threw the males in there again, and they look to be about to burst.
I dont know where you heard that.:? I have heard account of A. henzi not laying for 2 years after being paired and dropping a fertile sac. I have heard G. rosea can be gravid for up to 15 to 16 months or more.

Also Pato, what temp should i raise her too? I dont want to push a molt.:eek:

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ideal temp I think should be 88 at day and 75-78 at night, according to Martinique's weather, and night rains. What I do sometimes is keeping them in cooler room and moving them to a hotter room to induce egglaying. I'm doing it now for Avicularia sp Peru Purple (about a month now inside the hotter room) and she's looking good for egglaying any time soon. But I don't really push Temps too high (max is 88). I got confused with the farenheid (I think I celsius), your max temp is not bad...maybe could be a little higher at day and lower at night.
Anyway, Good luck!! and if she molts out, breed her fresh and the waiting game again!

Pato