Need to know if this is mold

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Dang.. I guess I need to use a different kind of soil then. It's that eco earth stuff so I guess it's meant to be dry after it's wet?

I use eco earth and have zero mold problems 99% of the time.. It's likely a case of poor ventilation and possibly a hidden bolus or dead prey item..

The last time I had mold in an enclosure was when I was using top soil.. It grew that nasty yellow and green mold almost over night...

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
I use eco earth and have zero mold problems 99% of the time.. It's likely a case of poor ventilation and possibly a hidden bolus or dead prey item..

The last time I had mold in an enclosure was when I was using top soil.. It grew that nasty yellow and green mold almost over night...
This is the ventilation for the top. I have a dead prey in there right now but I'm leave it in there for 24 hours in case she wants to eat it. If it's making it mold that fast though I'll start taking it out way sooner

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
This is the ventilation for the top. I have a dead prey in there right now but I'm leave it in there for 24 hours in case she wants to eat it. If it's making it mold that fast though I'll start taking it out way sooner

Has plenty of ventilation but the air isn't reaching down into the sub where its moist.. What species and why are you offering pre killed prey?

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Has plenty of ventilation but the air isn't reaching down into the sub where its moist.. What species and why are you offering pre killed prey?
It's a king baboon. I started doing that because I was told if they haven't eaten in a while I could offer pre killed prey if I'm worried about it. I know they're metabolism is crazy and the 1 inch ones eat very few times but it's been about 2 and a half months since she has eaten

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's way to moist for a P.muticus... Let it dry out some... From the sounds of it she is in premolt...

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
That's way to moist for a P.muticus... Let it dry out some... From the sounds of it she is in premolt...
I hope that's the case then it would be understandable.. I haven't had a T molt for me yet so I'm pretty anxious to see it. You wouldn't believe how many opinions I get about how moist the soil should be. I'll definitely let it dry out

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You wouldn't believe how many opinions I get about how moist the soil should be. I'll definitely let it dry out
Yea I would! Lol..

I have always raised kings on fairly dry sub with a water dish.. Once a week or so I will wet one corner of the sub pretty heavy and they do fine for me that way..

Kings also have a long molting cycle.. I had one about 8 yrs ago that sealed off her burrow for 5 months and refused food.. Make sure there is a full water dish at all times she will need to rehydrate after her molt..

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Yea I would! Lol..

I have always raised kings on fairly dry sub with a water dish.. Once a week or so I will wet one corner of the sub pretty heavy and they do fine for me that way..

Kings also have a long molting cycle.. I had one about 8 yrs ago that sealed off her burrow for 5 months and refused food.. Make sure there is a full water dish at all times she will need to rehydrate after her molt..
Thanks a lot I appreciate the info. I think I've got this cleaned out pretty good now. I hated to disturb her that much but I had to

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alert the President, you may be growing the cure for cancer in there ;)