Need some help w deaths

The Log

Arachnopeon
over the last year I have had 3 tarantulas seemingly die all from the same thing. I had a g. Pulchripes, a. Chalchodes and most recently a lasiodorides striatus suddenly enter a death curl and eventually die. None of them were matured males, so I don't think it had to do with age. I had kept the pulchripes and striatus successfully since slings with no issues and the chalchodes for several years as well no issues. I provided hides, access to water (misting once weekly and water dishes for when they want or need more) and food. Rusty reds and crickets as feeders. I notice them drinking and their abdomen all look normal and healthy at time of death. I checked for nematodes and saw no signs of them either. I also dont think all my Ts just end up getting impacted either. One day they are fine and then the next day they are walking oddly and then in death curl soon after. I continue to supply food which is not eaten, and water which the tarantulas still seem to drink. But eventually settle in a spot and end up death curling and dying. I am not sure what else to try and I am unsure of what the issue is. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated I no longer have Ts but this situation has perplexed me and I am searching for some kind of potential reason as to what happened.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Sorry for Your loss.
Perhaps Someone with more experience can figure it out.
Has there been any chance of chemicals/poison airborne or otherwise you can think of?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Do you live in an apartment or in a house where insecticide has been sprayed? It can travel airborne.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Do you have pictures of their enclosures to share?

Sorry for your losses

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
over the last year I have had 3 tarantulas seemingly die all from the same thing. I had a g. Pulchripes, a. Chalchodes and most recently a lasiodorides striatus suddenly enter a death curl and eventually die. None of them were matured males, so I don't think it had to do with age. I had kept the pulchripes and striatus successfully since slings with no issues and the chalchodes for several years as well no issues. I provided hides, access to water (misting once weekly and water dishes for when they want or need more) and food. Rusty reds and crickets as feeders. I notice them drinking and their abdomen all look normal and healthy at time of death. I checked for nematodes and saw no signs of them either. I also dont think all my Ts just end up getting impacted either. One day they are fine and then the next day they are walking oddly and then in death curl soon after. I continue to supply food which is not eaten, and water which the tarantulas still seem to drink. But eventually settle in a spot and end up death curling and dying. I am not sure what else to try and I am unsure of what the issue is. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated I no longer have Ts but this situation has perplexed me and I am searching for some kind of potential reason as to what happened.
Ive had healthy Ts just up and die for no reason I could find . 3/4 of ones I got from petshop last year gone . All of them seemed to lose the ability to hydrate . I kept them all with constant water, exactly like all my other ones that are still healthy . Pics may help:pics:

freedomisle

Arachnopeon
Do you have any other animals, do you use ointments on them for fleas, they are highly toxic to a tarantula and can be transferred when you pet your cat/dog.

Also airborne chemicals, such as oils or insence. All things to keep in mind when owning a T.

The Log

Arachnopeon
Sorry for Your loss.
Perhaps Someone with more experience can figure it out.
Has there been any chance of chemicals/poison airborne or otherwise you can think of?
I do not believe so. I kept them in my bedroom with me and I don't use any kind of products, chemicals or fresheners in my room or anywhere else close by because I have always been a little paranoid of it traveling and harming the Ts.

cold blood

Staff member
r (misting once weekly
this terrible practice could have possibly been the issue. Too much moisture is FAR more detrimental than a little too dry. None of your ts require moisture and all can and should be kept dry with a water dish. Keep it simple and you will have greater success.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Without looking to their setups every conjecture exposed are useless.

So I'd start asking you to post some pictures of their setups and then we should start giving you some advices.

Keeping them dry in a huge setup can be as detrimental as keeping them overly moist in small setups, so better to look to the enclosures in order to provide better advices.

I wouldn't discard any options, like chemical exposure or exposures to low or high temps. All of this can affect them, so the more information we get, the better we could help you.