Need new containers for my Cyriopagopus "blue's"

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I received around a dozen or so "singapore blues" from Brandon a couple months ago. Well they were all housed in cube containers (cube B to be exact). Each have already molted 4 times!!! They have already outgrown those and am in search of something else now. It'd have to be clear plastic, kinda tall. Anyone have any ideas? Pics would be good! Or links.

Austin

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I received around a dozen or so "singapore blues" from Brandon a couple months ago. Well they were all housed in cube containers (cube B to be exact). Each have already molted 4 times!!! They have already outgrown those and am in search of something else now. It'd have to be clear plastic, kinda tall. Anyone have any ideas? Pics would be good! Or links.

Austin
Well you could always build something. I mean that's the best way to get just what you want

Tuotatis

Arachnopeon
Hi!

You can buy glass terrariums for little spiders. They aren't expensives. After, when they grow up, you can sale the terrariums.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
container store has things you can buy, i think they are like anywhere from 4-6" tall and like 3-4" wide, but dont quote me on that.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I sough acrylic cylinders 1 foot accross... A strectch of 6 feet cost over 200$!!!!!:eek: That is just the tube alone, no lid etc!!!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you could use the Kritter Keepers designed for bettas. they're what i use to house my C. "blue" and P. rufilata.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dunno it you got them down their but in wa i just hit the dollar store for cages for anything that goes in the spider room 1$ for for anything from sling cups to 5 gallon cages some times up to 10 for a buck so if your not needing to house 200 slings thats where id try

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well everyone, just got back from the dollar store... they have absolutely NOTHING. Not even anything that is similar to a container! The pet store we have there is so damn expensive! Those betta containers Molitar was talking about are a whoping $8 each!!! And to express this, they had a MM blondi there for $150. I'm going to have to move or something! This is gettin rediculous! Haha. I may actually keep them in the cubes for one more molt and get everything organized, so when they all do molt, I can wait a week or so and rehouse them. But first I gotta find some suitable homes. I was thinking something around the lines of http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd100058. But these "blues" are around 2.5"-3" only. That may be a lil big. Hmm... how bout some cheap online container stores anyone know about?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have to say, $8 isn't that much, even for someone like me. you must a have a pretty tight budget :?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well to buy one is not a prob, but to buy 13... I'm ust saying I know there is cheaper things to house them in, it is just hard finding them.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use old jars, like what peanut butter comes in. For adults you can use a plastic gallon jug from wal mart, cost around $3. I also watch thrift stores for KK, yard sales are also a good place to find containers.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I went to walmart and on the food container isle i found plastic jars with lids, things to keep like noodles and stuff in. I will see if i can get you a picture when i get home from work. I have my Singapore "blue" in one.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I've recently converted to plastic containers. Couldn't be more happy with the results. Especially at like $.50 a piece.

-Sean

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can use these size jars...one is a jar that dog treats came in the other one is a peanut butter jar. when they get to big for those use the bread holder (picture below the two jars) from wal - mart. I'm going to use the bread holder for mine once they reach 3":

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Austin
Also you should talk to AB member jeep. he can make you a custom made ten gallon tank and with 2 dividers and you can put three of them in there to save space. he is open to all ideas as long as its something he can do so talk to him before you waste ya money on random stuff from the pet store.

Again his name is Jeep. here is a link to his reviews. Support him.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=87419&highlight=jeep

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The rubbermaid container novak posted is what i was refering to. Good work novak :p

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The rubbermaid container novak posted is what i was refering to. Good work novak :p
also the picture that novak posted i use that same kind but for my P cambridgei and it loves it.. so kudos novak

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here they are folks! Beta "cubes" sold Petsmart 45 min away from here. These are 7" tall and 3.5" around. Perfect.