need ideas quick, running out of room!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hi everyone, i need some suggestions quick, i'm getting like 7 more arachnids within the next week and i am running out of places to house them until i get kritter keepers, anyone have any ideas for alternative housing, i know about large jars, thanks very much--Jeff

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can head to your local grocery and ask how much they would sell you deli container's for.
Those semi disposable Glad and Ziploc tupperware containers come in a number of sizes that make them ideal for temporary housing as well and are pretty cheap.
Depending on the range of sizes of the Ts you're getting, it's often possible to use the larger shipping cups/vials to house smaller Ts.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hahahahha no way would i let them roam freely,lol, that sounds like a good idea code monkey i'll have to go to the local grocery store and check that out, thanks--Jeff

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spice Rack

I'm sort of proud of this idea. I'm using this to smuggle my s'ling onto a plane in the upcoming months. It might be good for an aboreal T you're getting. Just buy a plastic container of some spice or antoher from your grocery store. Then you can clean out all of the spices, and you're left with a somewhat high container for an aboreal s'ling, with built-in airholes!
Paul

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you getting slings or what? Gail bought some enclosures at the dollar store. Just dont know what size your looking for.:confused:

Ernie

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Weapon-X
hi everyone, i need some suggestions quick, i'm getting like 7 more arachnids within the next week and i am running out of places to house them until i get kritter keepers, anyone have any ideas for alternative housing, i know about large jars, thanks very much--Jeff
I have used all different types of enclosures for lings....
"beanie baby" clear plastic containers, crafts stores have them

pill vials, available online in bulk, your pharmacy may have some you can get from them

glass jars (heavy, plus the breakage factor)

what I mainly use now is various sizes of clear plastic rectangular food containers with screw on tops that I get from our local "smart and final" warehouse type grocery/restaraunt supply.
they are clones of rubbermaid containers and about half the price.
I drill holes in the lid for ventilation. I will go round up a few different sizes and take a pic to post here.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the large one on the left is one gallon, the middle is one quart, the small one a pint?
Ed

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dollar store

I saw at the dollar store this package of some color glitter stuff. They were kind of like large vials or salt shakers with holes in cap. There were about 4 or 5 of them in the pack for $1.00. Throw the glitter out.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well heres what i'm expecting anyhow, 1 desert hairy scorp, 2 vinngaroons, 2 A. Chalcodes mature males, 2 A. Chalcodes sub adult females, and a 4.5 inch H. minax, i like the 1 gallon jars there atavuss, we have a gfc food store warehouse here maybe the'll have some, i was thinking today about looking for some type of tupperware containers that would either stack or could be in a rack kinda system, ever see any thing like this?? and if so how much they cost any idea?, thanks for the help--Jeff

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: re

Originally posted by Weapon-X
well heres what i'm expecting anyhow, 1 desert hairy scorp, 2 vinngaroons, 2 A. Chalcodes mature males, 2 A. Chalcodes sub adult females, and a 4.5 inch H. minax, i like the 1 gallon jars there atavuss, we have a gfc food store warehouse here maybe the'll have some, i was thinking today about looking for some type of tupperware containers that would either stack or could be in a rack kinda system, ever see any thing like this?? and if so how much they cost any idea?, thanks for the help--Jeff
no idea on the tupperware containers that stack and a rack to hold them. I made my own shelving out of 2x4's and melamine to custom fit the available room I have. the containers I took a picture of to post here were about half the price of rubbermaid since they were a generic store brand.
Ed