Need ID- white moth and I dont even know what to call the other one

iturnrocks

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If anyone knows what these are I would appreciate it. Both of these were found in NE Kansas.

The white moth is about 1 inch long. I almost didnt see it, it chose a nice piece of white trim to hide on. I also didnt realize how "soft" it looked until I got the pics on the puter.

When I saw this, I wasnt sure if it even was a bug, so I took a photo and then touched it and it flew away. It is about 3/4" long.

Thank you

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first one looks like an Arctiidae (or Arctiinae: Noctuidae) depending on the new classification. The second is some kind of micro-lep, the picture isn't good for IDing but I'd guess Tortricidae.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are lots and lots of moths that look like the 2nd one by me, until you touch them you dont even realize their moths. :p I get so many at the lights at night and in my house.

iturnrocks

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The camera I have now, although 8 mp, has no way to manual focus, which makes it quite difficult for close ups. Thanks for the replies.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes the first one is definately Arctiidae. I think I know what the first one is but I'll have to go and check first.

Black Widow88