Need help with spider ID found in rose bush

ArachniWorld

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I would appreciate some help identifying this spider found in my rose bush. It's a little bigger than a hydei fruitfly at the moment. It's back has an interesting mark, almost like an elongated plus sign. Capturing a good pic was difficult but hopefully someone will recognize it. I am in Utah.

20240430_172601.jpg 20240430_173400.jpg 20240501_085012.jpg 20240501_183559.jpg

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Looks like a Bark Lynx Spider (Hamataliwa grisea) to me. I'm not the best with spider ID, but this is one species I recognize. I always wanted one since they have such funny faces.

ArachniWorld

Arachnopeon
They DO have a funny face, like deer in the headlights eyes. I have a bunch of these running around in my rose bushes, just catching the little bugs around there.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
They DO have a funny face, like deer in the headlights eyes. I have a bunch of these running around in my rose bushes, just catching the little bugs around there.
Yeah, they are really cute in my opinion. There's a few sightings of these guys in my area; I'd love to see one someday.

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
The brow ridge on that species makes its face look like a moai. Now, should a spider have a brow ridge and a pair of tiny eyes that look like nostrils? After looking at its face, I think the clear answer is "yes".