Need help with pandinus viatoris, has a hole in its head and bas of tail:(

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Hello fellow Invert, im writing this with an emergency, today i received a pair of pandinus viatoris scorpions from a seller who i thought was a cool person but now has shown his true colors from his reaction to this and by the way he shipped them. One of the scorpions has a deep hole right above its jaws and some small ones around the base of its tail. Im not 100% familiar with scorpions (more of a tarantula/centipede guy:)so I am really worried and was wondering if anyone has any advice. Thanks and have a beautiful day.

Attachments

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Sadly there is little that can be done to assist the scorpions. (The field of invert veterinary care is very limited) Keep them in a smaller container for 24 hours with access to a hide and a little substrate to monitor the health of the scorps... Do they seem to be currently affected by the injury? What has the supplier said?, I can’t imagine his excuse for shipping injured animals poorly is very good...

If they are eating, feeding and and not showing any strong signs of illness they may survive. Don’t feed them immediately though, only if health seems to be stable. Be careful with live food for it may take the opportunity of the scorps injuries to fulfill its protein requirements and try to take bites out of it... Upload what ensures here. Hope it goes well.

Last edited:

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Hi, thank you so much for your reply, I figured there wasn't much i could do but it never hurts to ask:) The seller basically gave me a half hearted "im sorry" and blamed his shipping on the Corona virus smh, he also went on about all the good deals he gave me in the past and it should make up for the. Ill be honest and say he has given me good deals but this is disgusting how he shipped them and to try to justify it made me even more sick:(.
Sadly there is little that can be done to assist the scorpions. (The field of invert veterinary care is very limited) Do they seem to be affected by the injury? What has the supplier said?, I can’t imagine his excuse for shipping injured animals poorly is very good...

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
oh my goodness I have never seen injuries quite as bad as that on a scorpion :sad:

It seems (according to Outpost31Survivor's link) that the seller may have kept his scorpions in unhygenic conditions and fed them mice and this bacterial infection is the horrible result.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
oh my goodness I have never seen injuries quite as bad as that on a scorpion :sad:

It seems (according to Outpost31Survivor's link) that the seller may have kept his scorpions in unhygenic conditions and fed them mice and this bacterial infection is the horrible result.
I think the context was that rodent feeders can lead to unhygienic conditions and bacterial infections and not worth the risk.

The site was created by the French collector Patrick Bultel, a good friend of fellow Frenchman and arachnologist Eric Ythier. 😉👍

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
This is what this douche wrote me.
That is the most hostile response i've seen from a seller in a long time! There's no way those injuries could've appeared in the post. If it was, the scorpion would've arrived dead! Judging by the state of that hole in the head, it's happened gradually (due to probable unhygienic conditions). By this seller's response, he knows he sold you a sick, injured scorpion! His bad spelling and poor grammar tells me he's a sham :punch:

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Smh, the "MEASLY" $70 I spent was the last thing I cared about. It broke my heart to see this beautiful animal in such horrible shape. And for him to justify their condition with phases Like "GREAT DEAL" like they are an inanimate object disgusted me. But luckily she is active and ate a dubia:) Ive been putting antibiotic ointment on it to test if that will keep the infection from progressing and fingers crossed she will molt out of this. I really want to breed her. Thank you all so much for your help I really appreciate it.
P.s lol I was called "UNEDUCATED" by someone who wrote in the same paragraph "YIU,WITG,YIUR, and TGH"😂

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Smh, the "MEASLY" $70 I spent was the last thing I cared about. It broke my heart to see this beautiful animal in such horrible shape. And for him to justify their condition with phases Like "GREAT DEAL" like they are an inanimate object disgusted me. But luckily she is active and ate a dubia:) Ive been putting antibiotic ointment on it to test if that will keep the infection from progressing and fingers crossed she will molt out of this. I really want to breed her. Thank you all so much for your help I really appreciate it.
P.s lol I was called "UNEDUCATED" by someone who wrote in the same paragraph "YIU,WITG,YIUR, and TGH"😂
Sadly there are some incredibly dodgy dealers around who simply don’t care for the welfare of their livestock and treat them as amenities to be sold and traded...

Quite a few friends have similar stories of stock (both live and dry) arriving in appalling conditions, injured, damaged or with similar mold/bacterial infections and blaming it on the pandemic. It seems all the dodgy suppliers are using Covid as an excuse to send out sick animals... Disgusting...Did you transfer the payment through a secondary source (PayPal etc.). If so you may be able to report him, his aggressive behaviour and total animal abuse to said secondary source... I’ve done it before with questionable dealers.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Hmmm... 'stingerdeals' huh ? I somehow remember that name from a post on another forum a while back.
I guess it explains the name, you deal with this guy, you get stung.
Thanks for sharing this story, he's on my blacklist... noted....
May someone inject 50cc of Covid19 straight into his testicles please......

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Disgusting, yes I put in a report with PayPal yesterday. Lets see what happens.
Sadly there are some incredibly dodgy dealers around who simply don’t care for the welfare of their livestock and treat them as amenities to be sold and traded...

Quite a few friends have similar stories of stock (both live and dry) arriving in appalling conditions, injured, damaged or with similar mold/bacterial infections and blaming it on the pandemic. It seems all the dodgy suppliers are using Covid as an excuse to send out sick animals... Disgusting...Did you transfer the payment through a secondary source (PayPal etc.). If so you may be able to report him, his aggressive behaviour and total animal abuse to said secondary source... I’ve done it before with questionable dealers.

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Lol yeah, but the strange thing is I brought Isopods before and he shipped them great and seemed to be a cool guy, he even has 100% on ebay. But he decided to show his true colors and to get rid of the sickly animal he purposely took advantage of my trust to make some sort of profit smh. He also seems to be getting into snakes and the douche probably got board of inverts and is trying to sell them off while at the same time neglecting them:(
Hmmm... 'stingerdeals' huh ? I somehow remember that name from a post on another forum a while back.
I guess it explains the name, you deal with this guy, you get stung.
Thanks for sharing this story, he's on my blacklist... noted....
May someone inject 50cc of Covid19 straight into his testicles please......

I'm wondering what type of condition he was keeping his scorpion in to cause such horrific injuries. I've seen some pretty bad conditions for invertebrates but nothing to the degree to cause all that. He should be ashamed.
what type of condition do you think he was in

Last edited:

Shippokid26

Arachnopeon
Well thanks to a link Outpost31Survivor uploaded it seems that the douche fed it something to large, most likely a mouse, and was probably bitten during the struggle. And he kept the enclosure to wet with little ventilation causing the bacteria to thrive. Im just glad she's eating, especially since the hole is right above her chelicerae.
I'm wondering what type of condition he was keeping his scorpion in to cause such horrific injuries. I've seen some pretty bad conditions for invertebrates but nothing to the degree to cause all that. He should be ashamed.
what type of condition do you think he was in