need help with bird eater

Lolita

Arachnoknight
it doesn't look premolt to me the abdomen (especially the bald spot where you can see the tarantulas skin) will noticably darken in premolt

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is premoilt, if I may ask.

The moment they eat the last prey to the moment they molt?
That could be 4 months or even more (with Theraphosa)

So yes, it could be in premolt...Or not at all.
The clear sign of inminent molt? Darkening of the skin.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
looks like another beaten up WC Theraphosa that will hopefully live long enough to see its next molt.:rolleyes:

Later, Tom

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like another beaten up WC Theraphosa that will hopefully live long enough to see its next molt.:rolleyes:

Later, Tom

Unfortunately. What is worst is that those who sell them normallyp
include the "cherry picked" CRAP.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Unfortunately. What is worst is that those who sell them normallyp
include the "cherry picked" CRAP.
Haha true, "Cherry picked" should never be applied to WC, maybe "unfortunately picked":rolleyes:

For the OP, the bald abdomen is not a sign of a upcoming molt. Only a spider that has been stressed and disturbed alot, causing it to flick hairs. Although it has created a window, that will turn black indicating its next's molt is on the way. The balding spots on the legs along with the way they are bent look to me like a tortured WC spider , that's suffered conditions of the pet trade. Sad but true, lots of good info out there on these spiders though so, hopefully with a bit of research and luck it will make it!

later, Tom

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
You might want to add a little more substrate. :D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it doesn't look premolt to me the abdomen (especially the bald spot where you can see the tarantulas skin) will noticably darken in premolt
The premolt starts a long time before the darkening

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The premolt starts a long time before the darkening
That's why "premolt" is such an ambiguous term. It kind of reads like an existentialist debate: "what exactly is premolt?"

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Premolt in the hobby usually means the underlying exoskeleton and setea become visible. Very close to this observable time point, the connections for the setea may loosen, and a bald spot may occur, but I agree with Fran and Tom in that this is only a stressed out WC.

As for "premolt", I guess that would actually include the beginnings of the digestion of the current exoskeleton, which can occur months before our hobby observable time point.

To the OP, keep the stress low, follow the advise of Fran and Tom, and hopefully this animal will molt out fine in your care. I do not think that will be too soon though, again due to the lack of darkening of that visible patch of abdomen.

Good luck.

jolsen91

Arachnopeon
What is premoilt, if I may ask.

The moment they eat the last prey to the moment they molt?
That could be 4 months or even more (with Theraphosa)

So yes, it could be in premolt...Or not at all.
The clear sign of inminent molt? Darkening of the skin.
so your saying it looks like its going to molt im just asking because ive never seen a t's knees go shinny and bald and there has been liquid cooming out of the joints like i said never seen it before concernd

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

i know what the bald spot is caused from im not sure what is causing the knees to be all shiny like i know its not a good picture i only have a camera phone srry.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

also besides the shinny knees some spots are on its carapace is also shinny and there has been some liquid oozing from its knees and from between its carapace and the start of its legs

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Oh, I think most of the folks here were under the impression that you were concerned with the bald spot on the abdomen, but it looks like your focus is more on the joints. If there is fluid coming out of the joints you have a problem.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/search.php?searchid=2931678

I have never used super glue on a spider, but it might work.