Need help Quick

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G. rosea leaking a clear fluid from between her third and fouth leg where they join her body. I read in one of my books what to do, but i can't find it.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. rosea leaking a clear fluid from between her third and fouth leg where they join her body. I read in one of my books what to do, but i can't find it.
I just happened to catch your post..
I am new here,[my first post!]so i understand if you doublecheck my advice..but I used to use Alum..in powder form...just used a q-tip and dipped it in some of the powder, and then touches it to the area, normally worked super quick.
Alum is used to stop bleeding in cuts and scrapes often in the boxing ring and in barber shops where shaving is performed.

i hope this helps!

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it in premoult? If it is, they can spring leaks of the fluid that they build up between the old and new layers of exoskeleton and the T should be fine.

However if the T has injured itself there are a number of things that could be used. Ive heard of flour being applied, crazyglue, and liquid bandaid being used.

Delailah

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've also heard that New Skin works great, but did the T injure itself or is it in premolt?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it in premoult? If it is, they can spring leaks of the fluid that they build up between the old and new layers of exoskeleton and the T should be fine.

However if the T has injured itself there are a number of things that could be used. Ive heard of flour being applied, crazyglue, and liquid bandaid being used.
It might be in pre-moult, i don't know.

I don't have any of those things around the house.

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm. Is it a major leak or just a minor one. A picture would really help.

Delailah

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have any of those things around the house.
New Skin is around $5 or $6 at your local drug store, WalMart, Target, King Soopers, wherever...

Perhaps it's worth the trip to get some before things get too bad? :?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm. Is it a major leak or just a minor one. A picture would really help.
I think it's minor. No drops have fell since i posted, but a drop is hanging on.
Sorry i don't have a camera or i would post a picture.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New Skin is around $5 or $6 at your local drug store, WalMart, Target, King Soopers, wherever...

Perhaps it's worth the trip to get some before things get too bad? :?
The problem i can't get a ride anywhere until 8 in the morning

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
has anyone ever used alum too?
worked real well for me..this was long before new skin liquid bandaid, which, i haven't tried so far.

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well if it was just a minor leak and it isnt dripping then it sounds like it sealed itself. How much fluid came out though? I'm thinking that the T is in premoult and is probably going to moult pretty soon. But that is just my guess.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just checked on her, and i was wrong about the speed of the leak. It's a drop about every eight mintues

Last edited:

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
never heard of it before actually....

@OP:

*sorry, I type slow*

Corn starch works supposedly, but I only ever used superglue. It worked fine for me. Just use a q-tip to remove the hemolymph, and apply where the leak is.

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What about using a small piece of toilet paper or tissue like you would after cutting yourself shaving? I think I read that somewhere on here but I could be imagining things.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've used flour and it works pretty good. And is usually something that everyone has on hand. If its impossible to get anything else I am sure tissue paper would also work.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank goodness

I think it has stopped. I just checked and she has moved so i can't see as well as before ( before she was in the corner at about a 40 degree angle) but I don't see a spot on the ground or any on her. Maybe she is just in pre-moult like some said.

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has she not been eatting recently? Also how big is she and has she ever moulted since you've had her?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has she not been eatting recently? Also how big is she and has she ever moulted since you've had her?
She last ate last tuesday. She's about 4" to 4 1/2". She has never moulted in my care, but i have only had her since the 18th of May

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does her abbdomin have a smooth greyish spot on it like she kicked all the hairs off? My rosies alll get that about a week before they molt.

Flour, toilet paper, kleenex will all atleast blot and help stop the leak if she is not in pre-molt. Does she look ok? you said she is moiving around, are any of her legs curled or damaged?