Need help id'ing scorpion

Reptiloso

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, a friend recently found this scorpion and gave it to me. I'm from puerto rico btw... It IS wildcaught, but it has acclimated itself very well and eats normally. I'm most certain it is a centruroides spp., but not sure which one. Any help? and tips on SPECIFIC care and husbandry? Thanks a lot!

That's a pic from my phone but tell me if you need a better pic for id'ing so i can upload it. Thanx a lot guys!

Reptiloso

Arachnopeon
Well that's what i thought, i looked from some pics of griseus on the net and it looks identical to a male..but it could also be a nitidus! AAAGH! confusing! :(

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well that's what i thought, i looked from some pics of griseus on the net and it looks identical to a male..but it could also be a nitidus! AAAGH! confusing! :(
Yea centruroides confuze the hell out of me haha!! Well at least the ones from pr and so forth.

Reptiloso

Arachnopeon
So can anyone give me some general care recommendations? based on what species u think it is? or at least direct me to a relevant link? or just helpful suggestions?

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Being its wild caught from your home town I would replicate your areas environment exactly.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
It definitely is a centruroides spp. but I am not sure what kind it is. It should have the same kind of substrate it was found in. Since it is a centruroides and climbs more than anything, you will want vertical pieces of bark for it to climb on. It will also use the pieces of bark to molt on. Also, for a quick note, if it came from Puerto Rico, you will want to be careful of the venom toxicity.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha first thing i thought was male Cen. sp. i'd go with what others have said until later. A guy I havent met, but keeps the ginesies(spelling?) here in Columbus, might be able to help you with that. His name is Envyizm

Reptiloso

Arachnopeon
Here's a pic update of him pigging out on a dubia. He spent around 5 hours on it! Guess hes not eating again for some time...we'll see!