need help for taking care of jumping spiderlings

alex21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

I just got some baby jumping spiderlings...they are pretty small. they have already dispersed, and so i went ahead and started feeding them D. Melanogastar flies, but they are not taking them. seems that the flies are of the same size, if not bigger, than most of the flies...

i was thinking of giving them springtails...how can i feed them? what will they take?

Also, I feel that the jumping spiderlings are even afraid of the fruit flies because the jumping spiderlings even are staying close together in small groups.

anyways, let me know how i can feed them, i'm getting worried thaty are going to starve to death..appreciate the advice.

thanks

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had luck with pinheads.its a pain in the butt trying to pick the smallest ones though.good luck!

alex21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI

thanks for the reply. are the pinheads 1/16" big? were these the feeders you used to feed the jumping spiders that were barely dispersed?

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The jumping spiders will take down large pray and when I had them they all ate fruit flys. Some even took down some small meal worms that were quite a bit bigger then they were. I had kept 2 of the jumpers that were from the same sac as the ones I sent you and I just feed them some small mealworms today. It was fun watching them take them down and they have grown quit a bit already. I hope you can get them to eat.

Last edited:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer

They will take fruit flies, small ones. Are these from the sac that i sent you?

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It took mine like a week before they ate after they had dispersed. I was also worried, but if you wait and try again I am sure they will eventually except it.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They will eat fruit flies, esp Dm species. Just keep putting the flies in.