Need help for feeding this sling...

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so I have this A.bicegoi sling. its chelicerae has become pretty deformed during the last molt, as now it's extending forward away from its carapace rather than curving back inward. now when i feed it, it grabs the cricket right away, thinking it has subdued the cricket but the cricket keeps running away because no venom has been pumped in...when i feed it pre-killed stuff, it grabs it but when i check a day or two later, it remains uneaten. it's been like this for a few weeks now and i'm starting to worry that it might now be eating at all and won't make it to the next molt...any input guys? :(

thanks

harry

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At that size your doing all you can do, keep offering pre killed prey every now and then and hope for the best.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one thing you might wanna try is splitting open the feeder insect. it might make it a bit easier for the T to feed from.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i guess splitting open the cricket is really the last resort. i'll try that. but it doesn't appear to be losing weight (nor gaining weight though), at least not yet...:8o

thanks guys.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sometimes they have enough reserves stored to make it through a corrective molt without eating, let's hope that is the case here.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes they have enough reserves stored to make it through a corrective molt without eating, let's hope that is the case here.
yes indeed...i've already lost two of its siblings and it's my last and only A.bicegoi left...sigh

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just an update...the sling has died. now i'm officially bicegoi-less. sigh...