Need help finding sutible species

Traegan62

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm looking for a species of old world tarantula that lives in arid climates, I have prior experience with desert species like AZ blondes and want to start with old world species, thank you in adavnce

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Monocentropus Balfouri are great beginner OW species and can be kept dry.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +

cold blood

Staff member
How avaliable is this species? Never seen it listed at my dealers.
Theyre not terribly hard to find, nor are they terribly expensive. Ive bred them a few times, interest in the slings was surprisingly low....if they were difficult to get I imagine I would have sold them quicker...especially at the price I had them at.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Theyre not terribly hard to find, nor are they terribly expensive. Ive bred them a few times, interest in the slings was surprisingly low....if they were difficult to get I imagine I would have sold them quicker...especially at the price I had them at.
i just looked up with my dealer. Its one of those coincidence things. They just recieved some: 80$ CAD 1/2 inch.

i wish i had know about these before. I consider myself to have to many.

i would probably have got one of these if i knew of them.

it is ok though. I might come home from
Vacation and find one dead. Then again, i still don’t need more.

I sense a shell game here! :troll:

By far one of the most beautiful species off that continent and beyond
Shell game eh? I guess i dont need one of those.

dry fossorial though… sounds like a dream.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

cold blood

Staff member
I'm honestly not sure what he meant by shell game....but if you think he was referring to a pet hole, I dont think that's the case as they've always been one of the more visible fossorials for me....much like Ceratogryus.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
I'm honestly not sure what he meant by shell game....but if you think he was referring to a pet hole, I dont think that's the case as they've always been one of the more visible fossorials for me....much like Ceratogryus.
If its just the fact that its fossorial, that he might mean, then its a winner in the end: its a dry fossorial. Who cares if its a pet hole.

its not a moist pet hole. Thats a game changer.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@TheraMygalo

I was joking, hence the :troll:, re A. ezendami. As they are hard when tiny slings because they eat rarely. It’s only when they get a bit larger that all is fine- at least that’s what you told me. Remember mine never made it. It’s very frustrating hah. Trust me I wish mine was larger for all the reasons you mentioned earlier.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
@TheraMygalo

I was joking, hence the :troll:, re A. ezendami. As they are hard when tiny slings because they eat rarely. It’s only when they get a bit larger that all is fine- at least that’s what you told me. Remember mine never made it. It’s very frustrating hah. Trust me I wish mine was larger for all the reasons you mentioned earlier.
I don’t have trouble with my two junodi slings or even my very new pair of breyeri slings, literally had a breyeri sling maul a pinhead it’s own size seconds after the feeder hit the substrate today.

Mustafa67

Arachnoknight
Hello, I'm looking for a species of old world tarantula that lives in arid climates, I have prior experience with desert species like AZ blondes and want to start with old world species, thank you in adavnce
Monocentropus Balfouri are great beginner OW species and can be kept dry.
I agree with the M Balfouri recommendation. Mine is beautiful, my second fave tarantula after my T Albo. I love the attitude of mine too I would happily ONLY raise M Balfouris now on :rofl:

cold blood

Staff member
@TheraMygalo

thanks for clarification...I did not remember that yours didnt make it. That stinks.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
i just looked up with my dealer. Its one of those coincidence things. They just recieved some: 80$ CAD 1/2 inch.

i wish i had know about these before. I consider myself to have to many.

i would probably have got one of these if i knew of them.

it is ok though. I might come home from
Vacation and find one dead. Then again, i still don’t need more.

dry fossorial though… sounds like a dream.
Once again, they all survived. Been away for days and came home: everyone is thriving. My two P murinus have even expanded their web tunnels to fit their new girth.

guess i won’t be getting this new tarantula. Even though i am liking the idea of dry fossorial.

delicate slings, not so much though. Especialy at 80$ CAD 1/2”.