Need a definate ID??

FOOTBALL FAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got this today and it was bought as B.occitanus although now its arrived its looking to me more like A.amourexi, what do you recon

~Androctonus~

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
look alike Androcronus amoreuxi. the buthus occitanus have more grainier body, especially the tail. the pic is't quite well to determine 100%, but I'm pretty sure that androcronus amoreuxi.

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
Hi there,

no need of a pic of the metasoma. Look at the prosoma of your scorpion. If it's a Buthus spp. you will see a lyra-shaped granulation. Here are pics of two of my B.occitanus. I have marked the area where you should look at.

FOOTBALL FAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its a huge scorpion much bigger than my other amorexie (sp) but its hard to tell about the granuals its got the two lines in front of its eyes but hard to see the ones behind, so im not sure.

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I hope the difference is clear when you look at this pic of A.amoreuxi.

By looking at the pic in your first post I'd say it's an A.amoreuxi. But if it's possible for you to take sharper pics of your specimen I can say for sure if it's Buthus spp. or A.amoreuxi.

FOOTBALL FAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah its amoreuxi, definately not B.occitanus, thanks for your help mate, its about 9cm long though so its a big scorp.