Natural Enemy of Emperors

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What are the natural enemies of Emperors in their homeland of Ghana and Togo?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Most likely small mammals like the mongoose or meekrats or something similar. Birds too I would imagine...though only if caught out in the open...which would be a rare thing...I have heard monkeys are scarred of scorps...but it is only hearsay.

John
];')

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I did see footage on Discovery of a meerkat eating what looked like an emperor scorpion. Clever little creatures, they bite the tail off below the telson, then crack the scorpion open like a prawn.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I saw a savannah monitor munching a scorpion on a nature documentary. P.imperator and V.exanthematicus do have overlapping rangers, so it may have been an emp -- it was definitley Pandinus, but I'm not sure beyond that.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I think I saw the same thing galeo. Was a good show.

John
];')

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I saw a program once , I think it was called "Amphibian" or something, and I saw a pixie frog , (pyxacephalus adspersus) eat a pandinus, a large one, by a pond in africa. I think it may have been staged, someone throwing it out for the frog to eat on que, among eating other things! The frog got stung numerus times on the nose , face , to no avail. He just kept munching away, you could hear its exoskeleton popping!

Last edited: