Narceus gordanus

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can anyone give me some tips for breeding conditions of these? I've heard keep them moist, lots of rotting leaves, etc, but I'm also not sure how long before I would actually see pedelings.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I am not sure if there is a particular breeding season. I have had mine since only June and they bred right away. I saw eggs within a month and pedelings within two months after that. Their enclosure is kept pretty moist (70-90%). Substrate is 5-6" deep and they stay tunneled below most of the time. I give them fresh food (apple, avocado, mushrooms, melon) every other day and occasionally fish or turtle food. I also put maple syrup in about once a week. And lots of decayed wood. Always leaves crumbled on top.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I saw N. gordanus being sold as "smokey oak" and as "ocal gold", the same seller had both of these (but not good photos). What's the difference between the two?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I saw N. gordanus being sold as "smokey oak" and as "ocal gold", the same seller had both of these (but not good photos). What's the difference between the two?
Just the color phase/ where they were collected. There are some good photos in Orin's book. The Smoky Oaks are grayish and the Ocala Gold are gold with some orange bands, etc. As far as looks, the Golds are really beautiful (and cute). I have both and in my opinion their fossorial lifestyle takes away from their charm as a pet. Mine came with commensal mites; I left them!