Chowing down on zuchini

Baby

Babies

Bumblebee

Bumblebee baby

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was just wondering where the bumble Bee millipedes come from ? They look very similar to the Pschidilic Rainbow millipedes that I have been getting from cal zoo.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm also interested in the latin name and localtion where bumblebee millis are also found. I tried an internet search with no results.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Anadenobolus monilicornis, CB from Elytra and Antenna, original stock from Miami, FL

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where ever did you get your Narceus?? I've been dying to start a breeder colony but have not found good luck finding vendors. I was considering wild capture but was unsure of the legalities (and ethics) of such an affair.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I get mine in the woods around here. They are plentiful and there is no issue with WC, IMO.

You can either go out in the day and rake the leaf litter to find them or go out after dark where they are often found crawling on the ground or trunks of hardwood trees.

I have some of these posted for sale in the ad section

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that bumble bee looks very similar to these small milipedes i caught in Cozumel, (Mexico, Yucatan peninsula), i hope this helps you in tracking down their origin.

Regards,
John

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
A. monilicornis is widly distributed in the Caribbean region, doubtless anthropochoric; known from Bermuda, Jamaica, Martinique, Hispaniola, Barbados, Guadeloupe, as well as the northern coast of South America (e.g., the Guianas, Trinidad, Tobago). This species was also introduced to Florida several years ago.

The species on the pic from pandinus is another beautiful species of the family rhinocricidae, which are represented with about 40 species only in the mexican area.