N. incei Breedable Size

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
My female N. incei is a solid 2" now after her last molt. I have been researching rather they are breedable at this size and have not found any solid answers. Is she big enough to breed and produce a sac, you should I definatly wait another molt before even trying?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd wait. There's no rush to breed per se. A larger T further along in development is a better way to go IMO. @cold blood what do you think, you popped out some out.

cold blood

Staff member
id bet its mature at 2"...but i would also wait for another molt.....how long did its last molt cycle last?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
My communal of 4 are all right around 1.5"-2". None are mature males and I've witnessed some tapping from a couple individuals, so yes, 2" is probably mature, but I'd wait a bit to pair it. The tapping is really interesting. Not completely sure whether they do it because they are ready to mate, or establish territory or something. However, I never saw it happen while they were .5" slings. Now I've seen one or two tapping and moving towards one another in a way that I have seen tarantula courtship.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
My female N. incei is a solid 2" now after her last molt. I have been researching rather they are breedable at this size and have not found any solid answers. Is she big enough to breed and produce a sac, you should I definatly wait another molt before even trying?
Wait till the next moult then check to see if she is mature enough, it should be very easy to see, the flap should be fully formed.....

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
id bet its mature at 2"...but i would also wait for another molt.....how long did its last molt cycle last?
It molted about 15 days ago? I think. Maybe closer to 20. I dont have my book of molt dates on me to check, but it molted this month.

Edit: i didnt even answer your question. Lol
It took about 2 months before its last molt if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
It molted about 15 days ago? I think. Maybe closer to 20. I dont have my book of molt dates on me to check, but it molted this month.

Edit: i didnt even answer your question. Lol
It took about 2 months before its last molt.
No, that's not what I meant....I mean how long was the time between the last 2 molts. (oh, I see you have to check those dates) It seems to me that when a female matures finally, that molt will be significantly longer than the previous molts...I wanna say about 10 months apart for my biggest female.