N. chromatus - don't get mad please...

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have always thought these T's were quite attractive but you never hear much about them. Any reason? i have a gorgeous female, who is an awesome display T, one of my favorites!

Also, there seems to be as little information about breeding this species. There is only one report in the breeding reports. However, while searching for more info, i saw them mentioned several times as current breeding projects. i'm guessing they're not one of the more difficult species as they aren't real expensive. Anyone out there with these previous N. chromatus breeding projects successful?

Please don't get mad at me for not finding more information on my search. If anyone can give me suggestions for key words to use for my search, i'm happy to do the footwork. In fact, i love researching information and often get lost in all the other interesting information i find along the way. i just don't know if i'm searching great because i'm new to the idea of breeding T's. i'm not stupid enough to think i'm in it for big bucks. Heck, if you breed dogs right, you don't actually make a profit. i am just absolutely amazed at these fabulous creatures, as i am at many in nature, and would love to attempt the delicate challege of breeding them. i have always stood behind every animal/bird i have ever bred and sold.

Anyone have any suggestions where i can get more information? Anyone who has had success or not care to add it to the breeding reports for everyone to learn from? Thanks!

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, but I've also been surprised about how little they're talked about. I only have two T's right now, but N. chromatus is really high on my list. (That's all.)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't have any experience breeding t's either. I just need to chime in my agreement that N chromatus is a very sweet spider. very nice colors and just the right amount of attitude. My lil guy just molted out to about 2-1/2" today. These are one of my favorites. Good luck with your breeding project.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IME people move from slow growing T's rather fast after getting into T's that is why you don't hear much on slower growing species IMO

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Considering that one eggsack can produce 2000 spiderlings or so, most people don't bother to bred this species very often.

In fact, I had 2 mature males from this species, which I ended up giving away, as nobody wanted to use them for breeding. In fact, I ended up with both spiderlings as freebies of some kind in the first place. Great looking T though, and feisty :)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: yeah, i have a female aswell awesome display spider in my book.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had 7 T's delivered today, and my freebee was an N chromatus. Can't wait til shes bigger than a lil spec that she is now.:)