Mystery unraveled

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank You for the thread and pics, plings look great!

Good lord:eek: ....{D Believe me, people here are laughing too. But it's more like ...:rolleyes: You know, that looks like one of the pedes the late Rob had. Seems like I remember one of his having that half black turgite close to the head on one of the old posts, could be wrong though. I don't think the person has an understanding of the market yet:eek:.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice job!I think the 1500 dollar price tag was for adult but still :wall:
Kinda crazy!Again excellent work here and I hope others will follow!
-Chris

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is an amazing success! You are 100% sure about not selling any? {D
Keep us posted on how the develop.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
looking good Turgut, looking good :clap::clap::clap:

i just caught mine gaining color and hardening up. :)

Keep it up!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Great work, Turgut! I chuckled as well when I saw the ad for p'lings. If somebody actually pays that price they deserve a spanking(not the good kind).

Forgive me but I think I may have missed out on previous discussion: what in particular was difficult about breeding this species? Female aggression towards mates?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Forgive me but I think I may have missed out on previous discussion: what in particular was difficult about breeding this species? Female aggression towards mates?
Thanks. :)

I just want to make it clear:
S. hardwickei is not the most difficult pede to breed, but it's not as easy as subspinipes in my opinion. If you follow some simple rules then it may be easy.
They don't mate in every season and they don't lay eggs in every season. They need kind of stimulation and effort in watching, intuition and timing. I know this is a common thing in reptile breeding, but not in pedes.

In my case it was just the individuals and I am glad Steven had great specimen that were thirsty for "sex". In my case it only worked out for one female, the others simply did not want to mate, though I have simulated seasons. In some cases it was the male, in other cases it was the female.

I haven't seen big aggressions, only in one female.

hardwickei are super-easy compared to S. cingulata. Latter species is HELL to breed.

And congrats to Steven: It's so great you don't have to worry about the first female anymore. Seems that you can sit back and simply watch them, drinking a good Absinthe. :clap:

Cheers
Turgut

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
And congrats to Steven: It's so great you don't have to worry about the first female anymore. Seems that you can sit back and simply watch them, drinking a good Absinthe. :clap:

Cheers
Turgut
i still owe you a bottle, so it's Greek Ouzo for now ;)