Mystery Tarantulas - Give it all ya got ! I think it's Hysterocrates ...

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
this is day three and I still can't post any pictures

everytime i got to upload them it doesnt work, i've downsized them - tried multiple formats..etc...

whats the deal????

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one in my freezer if anyone is interested...lol...

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
okay clearly im doing something wrong or im ready to throw this computer into a wall

im in a different state - a week later .... trying to post this picture

i dont know what a photobucket is - im about to scream

still can't post it -

Also Brett, I am planning on shipping the molts / your dead one - im really glad you froze it

Today was the hottest pet expo I have ever done. it was way too hot in there

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here aaron, make a photobucket account, upload pics, then link them here in the thread. Its very easy, and you can upload as many pics as you want, without running out of space----->http://photobucket.com/

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Okay here is the freshly molted female - if i can get trashbucket to work. Monica tawt me earlier.

Added notes - the carapace grew significantly, notice she has a darker coloration now. some of the gold striping has really come back

i have never heard this much stradulation from a T - she was fairly lethargic before her recent molt last week.

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 03:17 AM ----------

here's the male that recently came to me - notice it's browner... has more of a gigas look

most certainly the same species ... i have stared at these things long enough to know

i want to take some ventral shots... but these things stress out way to easily. that's why we lost one at the ATS

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd gladly buy another female from you Aaron. And LMK when you want the dead one.I assume I can just pack it with dry ice and it would not thaw and turn into a gooey mess when in transit.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Any of you guys bother contacting Richard Gallon yet?
-Chris

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're wild caught - but fairly relaxed ...infact you can cup one and put it into another enclosure without stressing it too much

and infact, they'll eat 24/hours a day. whether you harass them or not - they have t blondi like movements and attitudes

The largest one is 8" inches (Specimen #1) - however I will post pictures of the LARGE ones on Sunday once I get them moved in.

Apparently they have been too scared to cup any of the LARGE specimens - I have a picture that was sent to me from a camera phone and it looks HUGE.

I think they're closer to dinner plate size and I think they may possibly rival the T. blondi in size -

I still don't know what they are and now I have several people giving me reason to believe they are not Hysterocrates

Exciting !
The T blondi movements and threat posturing is exact, mine came from an exporter from Nigeria too, she is between 7 and 8" long and snatched a chick from me like it was nothing, thin leg IV, long guard hairs and a rounded dome carapace.
She dropped a sac for the seller, so the offspring will be pure, hope she drops me another sac soon, so I can raise some slings to massive sizes and start a colony.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So Arachnid you think we have the same type sp? Here is a better shot:
image.jpg

Also to add the chelicirae are covered in small round black bumps. Any idea what these are for?

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi EDED, what bumps on the chelicerae are you refering to? I'm looking at some Hysterocrates pics and not seeing what you mean
My specimen has those bumps too, little black beads, almost hair follicle looking.

image.jpg

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
this thread is continuing !! awesome stuff... if I have to go by judgement now, the one that you are showing looks more similar to my male

but in no regards to sex if anything they are in a similar place in their molt cycle

i will take the pair out in the next couple weeks and shoot them again, this time with a really intense camera in HD

TARANTULA IN HD !!!!!

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah she is all Female, depending on the lighting, she changes... Looks more like a blondi in the recent one.
I'll really know for sure when she molts..

Attachments

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah she is all Female, depending on the lighting, she changes... Looks more like a blondi in the recent one.
I'll really know for sure when she molts..
What strikes me is how dark yours is, even before it molted it was more grey than brown.

Is the image in this quoted post showing, my ipad is going all screwy when uploading pictures...