Mystery roach

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When I checked on all my tarantulas a short time ago, I noticed my MF G. rosea had a large something in her fangs. She was eating a discoid roach. Now, this isn't odd in itself, except that the last time I offered her a roach was May 16, which I watched her eat at the time. I even remember removing the bolus a couple of days later.

I've seen her tear up her substrate hunting down errant roaches. And it looks as though that's what she did today. Her enclosure is a wreck! But, uhhh, where did the roach come from? I gave her a leftover cricket from the smaller Ts last week, but she wasn't scheduled for her monthly roach till next week. I had to have put two in there at some point in time... :wall: ...and she and I both missed it. I have yet to see this one turn down food.

The only other way for her to get a discoid would be to let herself out of her KK, cross the room, open the closet, get into the roach bin, remove a roach and take it back to her KK..... closing the closet door and KK lid behind her, of course. {D

super-pede

Arachnobaron
those T's man, they are some tricky beasts.

it starts with taking a roach,but soon they'll take your girl, your house, your job and eventually...your other T's!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it starts with taking a roach,but soon they'll take your girl, your house, your job and eventually...your other T's!
{D And next thing ya know you'll be paying them rent and asking what they want for Christmas...

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep. i've had that happen.

one day i woke up to find an extremely obese B. vagans happily munching on a dubia, and a bolus on the other side of the enclosure as well. looks like i did some bad maintence and totally forgot i had thrown roaches in there on more than one occasion :wall:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah.
When I was younger, my sister found some lobsters in the clothing of her dresser. Alive and kickin hiding in her pants.

Me and her shared a room, and my collection of assorted stuff lived on the dresser, so dinner probably fell down a couple times. lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i recently found some lobsters breeding in with my H. lividum, i had lobsters, but never used them for feeders...which explains why...can climb glass and plastic...

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D Bet that didn't go over too well, huh?
Haha nopers, I was like 12 too. My dad just laughed. We never told my mom.
Ah..still funny when I think about it. She's a pretty tolerant sister though, which i was grateful for lol