mystery insect, viable T food???

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hi guys, i basically have these little buggers i got in with some crickets from a local pet store.

they basically resemble fluffy waxworms but slightly more flat.

does anyone know what the hell these are and if i can use them as food? :)

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there any way to call the petstore and find out what they are?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have a feeling they got in there from the supplier and i'm sure (almost positive) that my loyal pet store people would have no clue. :)

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Are these cricket grubs? Or do crickets come out of the egg fully formed? Excuse my ignorance.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
They're dermestid beetle larvae and are edible by t's. Just make sure you don't put them in with a t about to molt. They just may start chowing down if they get the chance. They're used to clean dead flesh off of bones...

Scott

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup they're fine for T's. I have about 4 million of them in my cricket tubs and my little Avics absolutely LOVE them. My curly hair had 6 in his mouth in one go yesterday. Very useful for T food when you've ran out of crickets.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yup, that's them! rats! i just tossed out a whole bunch of the little critters. :(

oh well, you live, you learn...i'll keep that in mind though, very, very handy information.

thanks everyone!!! :D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
yup, that's them! rats! i just tossed out a whole bunch of the little critters. :(

oh well, you live, you learn...i'll keep that in mind though, very, very handy information.

thanks everyone!!! :D
OH MY GOD! It's return of the Wrath of Khan Grub!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow...think of all the animal neglect and abuse i could prevent... (drool)

nah, mind control never works...something always goes wrong. the victim proves too strong, too loyal...they spill their guts to Kirk...BAH!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
wow...think of all the animal neglect and abuse i could prevent... (drool)

nah, mind control never works...something always goes wrong. the victim proves too strong, too loyal...they spill their guts to Kirk...BAH!
Well like I said in that other thread, if you find yourself very susceptible to suggestion no matter how incredibly outrageous it is, you have cause to worry.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My experience so far has been... if it moves a T will eat it :)