Mystery Haplopelma

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Was traded to me as a longipes although I've been told it's a vonwirthi any of you Haplopelma guys care to give me an I.D.? Thanks in advance

creepa

Arachnoknight
I think its indeed a H. vonwirthi but to be shure i need better and closer pictures of the metatarsus on leg 4...

web eviction

Arachnolord
Looks just like mine but I have the same problem I dunno which it is:?

Last edited:

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Both are H. sp. vonwirthi/vietnam, on longipes the leg IV metatarsal scopula would go 2/3 of the way up and the brush of hair would be much more obvious. The vonwirthi/vietnam is a very common import at the moment, saw a bunch at a a show today for $10-15 each. A few years or so ago longipes were the more common one but I haven't see them as WC imports since. I think Syndicate just recently produced some CB slings.

Bill

Last edited:

jgod790

Arachnoknight
The Hap species all look so similar. Excluding the fact that lividums are blue.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

I personally think it is a longipes though.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Both are H. sp. vonwirthi/vietnam, on longipes the leg IV metatarsal scopula would go 2/3 of the way up and the brush of hair would be much more obvious. The vonwirthi/vietnam is a very common import at the moment, saw a bunch at a a show today for $10-15 each. A few years or so ago longipes were the more common one but I haven't see them as WC imports since. I think Syndicate just recently produced some CB slings.

Bill
This is what I'd go by.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
5 Species HAPLOPELMA : (Haplopelma albostriatum, Haplopelma aureopilosum, Haplopelma lividum, Haplopelma minax and Haplopelma schmidti). if that a Haplopelma Species its an "HAPLOPELMA MINAX", The Species is so Aggresive and defensive.
http://www.arachnofreaks.com/infosheets/hminax.htm
There are more than 5 species of Haplopelma (longipes, vonwirthi, hainanum, and a bunch of sp. such&such's). Isn't H. aureopilosum now Ornithoctinus aureotibialis?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are more than 5 species of Haplopelma (longipes, vonwirthi, hainanum, and a bunch of sp. such&such's). Isn't H. aureopilosum now Ornithoctinus aureotibialis?
Yes. And it just so happens to be one of my favorite looking OWs. Too bad they are destined to lives of solitude.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes. And it just so happens to be one of my favorite looking OWs. Too bad they are destined to lives of solitude.
Yeah, now that I have one, I realize how amazingly beautiful they are!

I ate a big red candle

creepa

Arachnoknight
5 Species HAPLOPELMA : (Haplopelma albostriatum, Haplopelma aureopilosum, Haplopelma lividum, Haplopelma minax and Haplopelma schmidti). if that a Haplopelma Species its an "HAPLOPELMA MINAX", The Species is so Aggresive and defensive.
http://www.arachnofreaks.com/infosheets/hminax.htm
Its definitely not a minax...., minax is more robustly build than the spider shown on the picture.
And as said before Haplopelma aureopilosum is now O. aureotibialis, and then ther's Haplopelma robustum and according to Volker von wirth Ornithoctoninae sp. orange fringed is 100% Haplopelma doriae.
(although he is not quite sure if the species with the fringe at adulte age and the one that loses the fringe are the same species.)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
according to Volker von wirth Ornithoctoninae sp. orange fringed is 100% Haplopelma doriae.
(although he is not quite sure if the species with the fringe at adulte age and the one that loses the fringe are the same species.)
! Really? O. sp. orange fringe is H. doriae? Or H. doriae is O. sp. orange fringe? Meaning, do you (he) expect the species to be in Ornithoctinus or Haplopelma?

Do you know this from personal correspondences? Or is this in print somewhere? I'd love to read more as this is a species I really really want!