My young scorpion dead or slowly dying?

orkabich

Arachnopeon
Hello, this is my first pet scorpion. Its a H.petersii and its about 8 months old. It did really well the first 7 months and it ate good and i almost did not see it. I am fairly new to scorpions and stuff and i noticed he never molted. Since yesterday he is laying out of his hideout in to the open water dish?

I dont know what to do and he did not want to eat the last 4 weeks and i dont see him drinking. I cant fill the waterdish because he is laying in it, he hardly moves and im at my ends here.

What do i do?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Hello, this is my first pet scorpion. Its a H.petersii and its about 8 months old. It did really well the first 7 months and it ate good and i almost did not see it. I am fairly new to scorpions and stuff and i noticed he never molted. Since yesterday he is laying out of his hideout in to the open water dish?

I dont know what to do and he did not want to eat the last 4 weeks and i dont see him drinking. I cant fill the waterdish because he is laying in it, he hardly moves and im at my ends here.

What do i do?
Not eating for 4 weeks is nothing to worry about... Can you post some photos ? Could be pre molt ?

orkabich

Arachnopeon
Not eating for 4 weeks is nothing to worry about... Can you post some photos ? Could be pre molt ?
Ill try, he/she does change position every 3 or so hours but still in the open the whole day in the empty water dish. I dont know when they mold, shouldnt they do that in their hides?

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
What is your moisture level in the enclosure? If too dry it may be going to its known source of water to hydrate thoroughly in premolt?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I was thinking the same thing as GordoOldman, it may be going there because it's looking for water...

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
This species loves to bathe, its one way they like to hydrate themselves. They can also go for months without eating.

orkabich

Arachnopeon
What is your moisture level in the enclosure? If too dry it may be going to its known source of water to hydrate thoroughly in premolt?
I let him alone and he went back to his hide, i found him dead today :(. What did i do wrong? Waterdish was almost always full and he had enough moisture. Kinda sad now

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Too many variables to say for sure.
They love to drink and need decent humidity...
Only thing I noticed in the shortha d that is a post...it had gone into a dry water bowl, and because it was in the water bowl, (if I read that correctly) you did not add water.
Among possibilities is it was ready to go through ecdysis and was too dry.

But that is just one possibility.

Try to not overthink it or beat yourself up, there are a myriad of other possibilities.

orkabich

Arachnopeon
Yeah this stuff happens, i buried him today, he smelled really bad. Still sucks since he seemed to do good