my useful tools are --

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i find my turkey baster ( water ) and my long tongs with a p. murinus need i say more lol :rolleyes: are indispensable ( absolutely essential ) how about you guys and girls :) :clap: :worship: -- phil

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dont use any thing yet......... i feed my rose hair by hand. (by holding the cricket and letting go of it as the tarantula strikes.) and pick the water bowl right out of the cage. when i get something more aggressive, like a obt, im going to use a turkey baster and tongs.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my OBT doesn't mind me moving stuff around in its cage. refilling the water by hand has never been a problem. i only really see it out of its burrow late at night or if its really hungry. you'll see a few orange feet sticking up out of the burrow. :cool:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i usually do it by hand. none of mine have ever shown any agression as yet. i transfered my adult h. gigus to a new tank last week and she did get a little pissy. ended up useing a wooden spoon to get her in a jar to remove her. she nailed the spoon three times before retreat. ive had her for 3 years and never has she offered to bite. and so far my obt just goes and hides. i think if they can retreat they will most times.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't have any specialized tools, unless you count chop sticks. ;P Seriously though I do plan on purchasing some tongs and long tweezers in the near future.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
better safe then sorry:eek: :eek: -- good luck to all and the great ( t ) phil

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use various sizes of tweezers ranging from 10cm tot 30 cm. To move a spider I just use a long paintbrush (30cm) . I don't use the tweezers because I heard of a tarantula breaking a fang when biting the metal tweezers

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use various sizes of tweezers ranging from 10cm tot 30 cm. To move a spider I just use a long paintbrush (30cm) . I don't use the tweezers because I heard of a tarantula breaking a fang when biting the metal tweezers
And various sized containers. I never use my forceps on the Ts themselves for the same precise reason either (I don't even enjoy my scorpions stinging the instrument) but they're good for careful removal of plastic lids and packing material during rehousing. Removal of waterdishes in the more aggressive or speedy tarantula enclosures. Prevents getting bitten or urticated and helps ensure doors can be opened at a minimum while giving me the flexability of maximum reach.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I use chop-sticks, deli cups, and the lid from a medium size KK to "cup" T's on the run.