My Undying Love of Grammostola pulchra

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I remember the first time I saw a G. pulchra in person - I was so overwhelmed with how gorgeous she was. My Scirocco was a huge, full grown, adult female and had a very hefty price tag on her. I begged the guy not to sell her and to give me a couple of days to put the money together. I was madly in love and it was a good thing that the seller didn't know that I would have paid double what he was asking. I had her for almost 13 years and I miss her so much... she was such a love.
Now I have my two little spiderlings - Onyx and Raven. They are such ugly little spiderlings compared to what they end up looking like when they're full grown. I couldn't wait until these two were large enough to look like miniature adults.
I was always under the impression that they grew more slowly than they do and I have been pleasantly surprised. My two have grown a fair amount in the short time that I have had them. I got them both at the end of March, Onyx has moulted twice and Raven has moulted three times, and both might have even doubled in size.
I have nothing negative to say about them and they will always be my favourites, even though I adore all of them.
I would suggest them to everyone - even if you have to break the bank a bit to get a hold of one. I promise that you won't be disappointed.
And for all those who are in the GTA - I bet there will be plenty at the show in September. I think that all three of our major sellers have them. Just sayin'.
Raven back in March.
_DSC8632-2-2.jpg

Raven now.
_DSC7941-2.jpg

Onyx back in March.
_DSC8937-2.jpg

Onyx now.
_DSC8198-2.jpg

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Awsome!

I couldnt agree with you more!

My smallest popped tonight and I'm chuffed. It has been a good while in premoult. I have to agree that this is one of the most beautiful NW terrestrials. Velvet black is intense.

Everyone agrees. Thats why you barely see adults for sale heheh.

Took this photo earlier -

Ignore the B. vagans lid. It's third hand hahah

Kymura

Arachnoknight
So happy to finally have one. Mines still small but it was on top of my want list for ages.
Day I got it :)
image.jpeg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I can't wait until my four from @cold blood get here! Y'all are making me jealous with your constant pulchripes talk.

Last edited:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love my evil OWs and pedes but my G. pulchras have a special burrow in my heart.

One of my night mothers molted a few weeks back after nearly a year. I appreciate their slow growth as it means we'll have many years together.

20160810_183917.jpg

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I totally agree with everything you've said @VanessaS I remember the feeling when I too saw my very 1st G pulchra it was an adult male and he was stunning, at the time I was waiting for my baby B emilia to be delivered and needed a few supplies from a local reptile dealer.
Upon returning home I frantically search the Internet and came across a 3" female from a dealer/breeder in Scotland that little lady was delivered to the wrong address and was subsequently stolen which resulted in a court case anyway 2 months later I found a 4" sub adult female pulchra that was over 3 years ago now my beautiful female is an adult at just over 6" she's beautiful, calm, busy and curious I've never had a threat pose a flicked hair or anything and like you I would pay an absolute fortune for her if I had to. Still today she is the most expensive tarantula I have in my collection at £82 or around $110 at the time and here she is now

Attachments

louise f

Arachnoangel
Don't drink and post, kids.

My mistake. Move along.
Move along!! Move along!!! :D Heck no, we are gonna rub the flesh wound with salt, and when it really stings, we pour it over with some vodka :p:D

Torture oh torture :hurting::hurting: uhhuhh:troll::D

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Move along!! Move along!!! :D Heck no, we are gonna rub the flesh wound with salt, and when it really stings, we pour it over with some vodka :p:D

Torture oh torture :hurting::hurting: uhhuhh:troll::D
Pouring vodka on me? That's not torture, that sounds like a typical Tuesday night.