My Ugly Duckling Is A Swan Now

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Some may recall a few months ago when I got my very first Mexican Red Knee sling from Kelly Swift. I was agast at how hideous she was LOL - all grubby white/tan. Well, she molted yesterday and is getting her adult colors now, what a difference a change in skin can make!

Gail

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
And she will become even more beautiful with age. Nice to see the kids grow up, isn't it :)

Bill

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's gorgeous and cute!!!! Great picture! I remember the picture.. boy has she bud into a beauty!

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is kelly Swift a breeder? If so, can I have a site name or ordering info?

Thanks,

JD

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
Some may recall a few months ago when I got my very first Mexican Red Knee sling from Kelly Swift. I was agast at how hideous she was LOL - all grubby white/tan. Well, she molted yesterday and is getting her adult colors now, what a difference a change in skin can make!

Gail
Gail,
He / she's a sweetie.
Thats not its first molt in 3 months is it?
How big is it?

Ernie

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Re: Re: My Ugly Duckling Is A Swan Now

Originally posted by MrT
Gail,
He / she's a sweetie.
Thats not its first molt in 3 months is it?
How big is it?

Ernie
Now that I pull out the record book, I see that I got her on Nov. 19th - for some reason I was thinking I got her in the shipment I received on Oct. 15th - so actually it's only been about 2 months that I have had her, and yes, it's her first molt for me. She went off food on Dec. 24th and went 17 days until she molted! She is about 1.5" now and I actually do suspect that it is a she although I am not completely certain, of course, at this size.

Gail

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
me too!

hey Gail! I got my 1" redknee from kelly swift on November 26, 2002, and it stopped eating since December 13, 2002! So will it moult soon? That is AWSOME! Great pic! I will let you know if it moults!! Thanks,
James