My Trip To Vietnam...Many BUGS!!

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey I would like to share with you a trip I recently had with my family to a foreign place. There is a short question on jumping spiders that I find odd as well located near the bottom of the next continual. I hope you enjoy this entry :p .

Last Summer I went on a vacation with my parents and some of my friends. We stayed over there with my Vietnamese friend's relative. They acted like they never seen white people before....

Anyways I got some odd experience that I hope that you will find amusing to read as I am to experience.

First one was the time one of my friend had a small piece of candy stuck to his head for some reason. By the morning the creepiest thing happened. His head was swarming with dozens of 2inch winged cockroaches, they practically turned his head into a colony.

Another experience was the time where I took a bath with my Vietnamese buddy. We're in shorts, so no nasty thoughts....or gay ones.... Um it was hot that day, and over there you take baths by dipping a large cup with a handle into a large barrow of rain water. Well after much arguing, I won so I took the first dip. I splashed the water over my body, it was great first, than suddenly I felt this stinking, burning, iching sensation and my friendly simply pointed at my body with an opened mouth. Happens that the fire ants wanted first dip before me...

Continue to the Next one....;P

Last edited:

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Continual

Another awesome thing I saw living at his relative's house was this gigantic web that stretched all over the top of our head. Many feet in diameter. We don't really see the spider that built it much, but I cought a glimpse of it, it was very weird. It must measure at least 4-5 inches. A true spider. Black with yellow markings on its abdol. A humming bird got intangled in it once and nothing happened. We saw her eat some locusts that got stuck there.

The most oddiest and fascinating thing....if oddiest is really a word...happened when I went to the doctor for a shot. I had diarhea....don't drink foreign water. There was this enormous wall and during waiting time and leaning on it i looked up. It was awesome, a large network of ants, beetles, wasps, flies, and so on. What fascinated me the most, were a large group consisting of at least 2 or 3 dozen large jumping spiders. They were all grouped together. Another odd thing was, most of them rarely resemble each other's color. Most of them were different the each other is what I'm saying. Not sure if they are the same spieces. Some were yellow and some were orange with black strips.

I just wonder, I thought jumping spiders weren't communal? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Any questions or comments please post so. I gotta go eat. :}

Later