My Tarantulas :)

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To me she looks exactly like pictures of usumbaras I've seen in the past, and has the same type of markings and all that...but Paul called her a starburst when I bought her, after asking for an usumbara and he said she's the same thing.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When you say, "Paul", do you mean Paul Becker? Because if you do, that man wouldn't know many species from his own grandmother without counting legs first.

Paul does not care about identifying the spiders he sells accurately, he only cares about identifying them to *his* satisfaction which isn't saying much. He usually has numerous misspelled scientific names on his list, has been known to flat out have bogus scientific names on his list, and uses his own conventions for common names regardless of what the rest of the hobby is doing. A prime example is that he has twice now gotten in what can only be wild caught Haplopelma minax "Thailand Black" but he lists them as A. minax "Vietnamese Bird Eater" - he's been called on it repeatedly, but he doesn't change. Paul's got good prices, but he is truly a caveat emptor type of dealer. *You* have to know exactly what it is you mean to be ordering because he certainly cannot tell you.

The Starburst that he sells is an Usambara, and it is P. murinus.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe.. yeah I meant Paul Becker... I buy my spiders in person so I know what I'm getting first. I was sure she was p. murinus, so I am glad you verified that for me. As for his other names, I ask by scientific name usually so I know what I'm getting. He's good with that part, I don't know what he's talking about half the time with the common names. I learned that part after having read posts here about that. This was the one I didn't know the scientific name for and I kinda bought her on a whim. But hey, I like her so I'm glad I have her. :D

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
great pics!! wont the sunlight be harmful to your rosehair?

James
I only brang it out for a couple mins to get a good pic.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
we have reverse t's

Raveness,
You ARE brave. I myself wouldn't tackle a P. murinus. Hell, my rose hair is every bit as bad as a P. murinus. (minus the strength of the venom) Really nice t's!

Peace,
Gillian

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
How many tarantulas do u own right now, Raveness? By the way, I was wonder are there 2 kinds of Usambar Baboon? The one I'm getting on Monday is an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.) Is that the same one that you have right now? anyway, I'm also getting a Brazilian Salmon (Lasiodora parahybana) and Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus campestratus). :) all of them are spiderlings..
I am getting 4 Curly's and a bunch of Jumping spiders soon.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well she can be docile at times..if she crawls on me I would not dare take her off or move her ..he he.

Last edited:

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
Well she can be docile at times..if she crawls on me I would not dare take her move her ..he he.
Heh, good idea... Never move the T if it crawls on you, let it be the boss :p

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
That looks like the time i was holding my curly hair, and was having a few drinks....and... never mind.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by King_Looey
That looks like the time i was holding my curly hair, and was having a few drinks....and... never mind.
I wonder where this story is going... Lucky Europeans.. Drinking age is 18 :(