my T

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
hi to everyone:

i'm sherwin from manila, philippines. btw, any of you guys from the philippines?

currently i own a cobalt blue (h. lividum), for other it may be very aggressive and some say its an expert hobbist thing. for me it's how you respect the T for it to show you respest in return.

i also have a thai zebralegs (h. albostriatum) or other call it thai edible T.

sherwin
 

Attachments

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
536
nice! also how long have you had yours? did it make a nice burrow?

also id have to agree on the respect idea. I got a P. murinus (usambara baboon aka p.terror) and even though its a little devel, i respect its disposition....
BTW this is my first T...what a way to start lol!
 

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
449
Beautiful H.lividium :) Great pic!! I have one too and you could read my bite report in the bite report section :eek: :eek: :8o
I was applying crazy glue to a wound of hers :eek: =D :eek: :mad: Be careful with these guys :D They are worth the hassle if you ever have one. She is a gorgeous one again ;)
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
well i got it just last year around dec.

it's about 6months to 1year old, which is very common in that age in the pet T trade.

i guess if you ask me, h. lividum is the starter T. it will definitely show you how to treat T the right way..heheheheheh =D
 

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
449
Yeah, I can handle my Usambara with no problem at all. Mine is such a doll. She is my lil' baby.


Originally posted by Paladin
nice! also how long have you had yours? did it make a nice burrow?

also id have to agree on the respect idea. I got a P. murinus (usambara baboon aka p.terror) and even though its a little devel, i respect its disposition....
BTW this is my first T...what a way to start lol!
 

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
296
Originally posted by tikbalang
hi to everyone:

i'm sherwin from manila, philippines. btw, any of you guys from the philippines?

currently i own a cobalt blue (h. lividum), for other it may be very aggressive and some say its an expert hobbist thing. for me it's how you respect the T for it to show you respest in return.

i also have a thai zebralegs (h. albostriatum) or other call it thai edible T.

sherwin
nice h. lividum! she looks huge.. how big is she? I've lived there before when I moved from Saigon, Vietnam.
 

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
536
lol mine is acting like a teenager...I try to get the crcket out and its pissed off...i mean, give a break lol you dont need it anymore

but back to the lividum. I think its gonna be on my list for T in the years to come
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
no burrow yet, i'm still getting her a good potting soil with peat moss on top of it on a taller container for a deep substrate around 8in.

well, i'm looking for an usumbra too but i guess its not avaulavle here.
 

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
449
You could order from people online.. The only problem is if anyone sells online in your country or would do out of country deliveries.


Originally posted by tikbalang
no burrow yet, i'm still getting her a good potting soil with peat moss on top of it on a taller container for a deep substrate around 8in.

well, i'm looking for an usumbra too but i guess its not avaulavle here.
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
its around 3-4in legspan.

i already tryied buying sling online but they say they won't sell outside of their country...... :mad:

the only species i know available here now are cobalt blue, thai zebra legs, rosehair, pinktoe, asian goliath birdeater, costa rican stripeknee.
 

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
449
I know that's tough.. But believe those t's you just described kickass!!! They are all neat!


Originally posted by tikbalang
its around 3-4in legspan.

i already tryied buying sling online but they say they won't sell outside of their country...... :mad:

the only species i know available here now are cobalt blue, thai zebra legs, rosehair, pinktoe, asian goliath birdeater, costa rican stripeknee.
 

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,373
hey

that is to aggressive of a T for me! I love the colors on yours! Great Pic! How big do you think it is? Good Luck!

James
 

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
187
Hey hey! :) uve got a thread here...noneed to hijack raveness's thread then ;)

Im just happy to see someone over here thats geographically closer to me :D...how that helps i really dont know, but its kewl i guess:)...

Nice Ts u got as well...and my collection is more or less the same...a h.lividum, 2 h.albostriatum. I also got a c.huahini and a c.crawshayi, which i found for sale by luck as the tarantula trade here is VERY limited as well :(...I really would kill to see some arboreal Ts for sale...

About your cichlids, what types are they?...me and my dad(mostly him) are rearing some pearl cichlids...fun stuff...

again, welcome...
-e-
 

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
125
Originally posted by Raveness
Beautiful H.lividium :) Great pic!! I have one too and you could read my bite report in the bite report section :eek: :eek: :8o
I was applying crazy glue to a wound of hers :eek: =D :eek: :mad: Be careful with these guys :D They are worth the hassle if you ever have one. She is a gorgeous one again ;)

How long have you had it?
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
cichlisd, well i own red devil and blue texas, around 5in. i'm also planning to get a red texas.
 

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
187
I just checked them online :)
Those are some nice fish!

Were mostly into Pearl cichlids...Pearl cichlids are a recent fad in fish keeping here, and they are a hibrid species...the hobby is now spreading internationally tho...and they are easy to breed too, and we just had a batch of about 300+ fries :)

Are the Texas and the Devils easy to breed?...if they are, i wouldnt mind getting some...

-e-
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
well i haven't tried breeding them, but i have a pair of blue texas cichlids.
 

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
715
I just remembered a freaky encounter with my cobalt blue. I was cleaning out her cage one time with chop sticks, you would think that you're safe with chop sticks, I looked up when I heard someone called me and I reallized the T ran up my chop sticks and up my arm. Now, you have to understand that, although I handle and love all my other Ts, the cobalt is the only one that I have not had the guts to even get close to yet. I was so scared but at the same time I didn't want to hurt her, so I just frozed for a moment, slowly with my left hand picked up a cup, and put it over her. At this time, she was already almost on my shoulder. I'm surprised I did not scream and run frantically around trying to throw the T off. Remembering that experience still gives me the shivers.
 

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
187
well, it's a great pet for me. everytime i open her enclosure, when disturb she always give me those don't touch stance.
 
Top