My T just molted after losing her leg, any special precations I should take?

Black Griffon

Arachnopeon
She lost her leg before I got her, but it looks fine now. Any other post molt sugestions are welcome, I didn't find a thread on what to do after a molt anyway.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Let her be. She should be fine. Its actually not that rare that a T loses a leg after a molt. Treat her the same as you would if she hadn't lost the leg. She will regain some of it on her next molt. BTW, what kind of T and how big is it?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as she is not losing any fluid, then in one too two molts your T will be good as new.... I have a small emilia sling right now thats missing her front 4 legs and a palp....... she looks so silly, but hopefully she gets some of them back on this next molt.

Black Griffon

Arachnopeon
Oh she lost her leg before this molt, this is just the first time she molts since she lost it.

And it's a 6 inch G. Rosea Novak. :)

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i also bought my rosie missing a leg. she recently molted and the leg came back. Granted, it's a bit thinner then the other 7. Regardless, just let it be. it'll be fine :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh so was there partial regeneration of that lost leg? Theres nothing to do really, just keep doing what your doing. The fact that she molted again and appears healthy is a good sign.

Black Griffon

Arachnopeon
Yep, like mikeymos rosie it's a bit thinner than the rest of them, but my friends assure me that it should look perfect the next time she molts. :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep on bigger Ts two molt will make her brand new. Congrats on the molt.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohhh I thought it molted and lost a leg. My bad. Wow a 6" G.rosea, thats pretty darn big. So it has a little leg now right? Pretty normal if it does. It should have it fully back after the next molt.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As long as she is not losing any fluid, then in one too two molts your T will be good as new.... I have a small emilia sling right now thats missing her front 4 legs and a palp....... she looks so silly, but hopefully she gets some of them back on this next molt.
Ryan , if a male is missing his "boxing gloves" from a previous molt but he is mature enough to mate would he not try because he's missing these? how would he make up for these? would it be more dangerous?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ryan , if a male is missing his "boxing gloves" from a previous molt but he is mature enough to mate would he not try because he's missing these? how would he make up for these? would it be more dangerous?
Well, most males won't survive a molt if they are already mature, but for the rare ones that do. I would suspect that they are too tired and don't want to mate anymore. Just kinda wither away.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, most males won't survive a molt if they are already mature, but for the rare ones that do. I would suspect that they are too tired and don't want to mate anymore. Just kinda wither away.
sorry i worded that wrong.. lets say a male reached maturity and he just got his "boxing gloves" and can start mating...now lets say this male had LOST his "boxing gloves" on the molt that he would have gotten them on...

get it now?....im not good at wording stuff...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry i worded that wrong.. lets say a male reached maturity and he just got his "boxing gloves" and can start mating...now lets say this male had LOST his "boxing gloves" on the molt that he would have gotten them on...

get it now?....im not good at wording stuff...
Ohhh, now I understand. Hm, good question. I am not really sure. I would like to know the answer to this too, maybe someone that has experienced this before would be best.

Though, my guess would be the male would "try" to mate, moving around and wandering around his cage, but couldn't really do anything. One far off guess, could be he would try to molt again to regain the palps, to mate?