My T is here!

Haemus

Arachnosquire
When you all got your first T... was it all good or did you have a few mistakes like me? What was the first day or first week like for you?
I thought a half year of research was good enough but nope lol...I made plenty of mistakes regarding my enclosure and substrate when I got my first...That was almost a year ago :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My first week has been spent with as much staring at my first three tarantula i could do. I was shaking with the nerves while unboxing and housing my First Three Terribly Scarey Tarantula! I locked the door, put six catchcups nearby, towels surrounding me and the gaps between my door or closets. By the precautions i took, one would think i was expecting a P.murinus (OBT).
Nope.
My first three were B.albopilosum :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, as I said on the last thread, I have my first T, a euathlus species red and I have been calling it a her... (one can hope) Her name is Blaze. I have some video.. but I have to edit it a bit first before I throw it on youtube. I was shaking when I opened her up out of her packaging. First 2 photos are from when I first took her out and put her in the condiment cup. I realized there wasn't enough dirt that came in the vial so I went to get more then added it with a small dish. Thank you to netbug.com for working with me. What a great first purchase. Great service as well. I have not fed her yet. Wanted to give her time to get used to her new home. Right about now she is burrowed under the dirt and I have had her for about 13 hours. I will attempt to give her a fruit fly in the morning.
I've raised slings smaller that, you could easily feed it pinhead sized crickets if you want to watch it hunt, after all it is a predator ;)