My subspinipes dehaani gave me a surprise

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought a 12 inch long s. subspinipes dehaani about a month ago. This morning I went to check on it to find it curled up in a ball. Then it moved and I noticed a clutch of white eggs.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
Why are the eggs white? I have never heard of white centipede eggs. Maybe you were sold a chicken. Also, I want to see pics next to a ruler. I am seriously doubting it is 12 inches long. Congrats anyway! Try not to bother it.

--Dan

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd like to see any pics you have of it too. 12 inches, wow.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Ditto on pics, you can't just throw that out there without proof.:confused:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I, too, would like to see a picture of this so-called 12" beast.

Mez

Arachnoknight
I have a thirteen foot cockatiel that moved off its perch to reveal four blind mice!
Seriously though, are they eggs from the centred? They're usually yellowy/Orange colour and are grasped by the pede. I guess they could all be infertile and discarded?

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an 8''+ S.Subspinipes and I consider that an impressive beast indeed... your gonna have to provide those pics, here is mine in video format.

Also showing a couple of my other pedes for comparison, 6'' and 5'' respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4518xQrSA0&feature=channel_video_title

-Edit-

Scolopendra Subspinipes (Unsure of the locality and subtype)
Ethostigmus Trigonopodus 6''
Scolopendra Alternans (FL Keys) 5''

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What is a centred?
oh no........not the centred!!...very deadly,very rare! it comes from the himalayas,said to be feeding on goats and their herders. very HUGE!!!!!......he he sorry i coudn't resist{D. yeah i would love to see a pic of that bohemoth you have there.