My spiders.

basin79

ArachnoGod

For those who choose not watch the video pics of the Eratigena atrica lass that lives in the out building eating the wax worm I gave to her yesterday for her xmas dinner.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Tried to get some pics of this little stunner but she wanted to get the waxworm pulled in sharpish. Still you can see why they're called Velvet spiders. Love the iridescence in her legs and on her abdomen. Her foot claws look like weapons too.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Gandanameno sp. No cuter spider.

Gandanameno sp silk isn't sticky. They comb their silk to make it fluffy. It acts like velcro catching any legs/spikes etcetera.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Gandanameno sp silk isn't sticky. They comb their silk to make it fluffy. It acts like velcro catching any legs/spikes etcetera.
This is called cribellate silk. The sticky silk is produced by ecribellate spiders, and these types are used as taxonomic tools to assist with identification. Very cool stuff, IMO.

Margot J

Arachnosquire
All the jumpers are so cute! I occasionally find one in my house, and they’re so fun to watch!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Got 2 more Calommata signata because why not. Their fangs are a work of art. They look like they've been intricately carved. The "teeth" on the chelicerae look smart too.

Cutest butt bar non. Looks suspiciously like the mouth of a centipede too.