My spider has lost it......

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok after dugging in her semi burrow thing she is now started to use her hide but today by the looks of it she is trying to trap herself inside there :confused: she is dragging substrate infront if it and piling it up........what is she doing now lol?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our burrowers put up a wall sort of structure then net any openings with webbing when they're about to molt.

Other then that they mound it up.
Its like adding a door to your house.
A defencive hump.

Perhaps to help keep out water and other things.
predators and such.
But it's normal behavior from what I've seen.

:)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most often that is pre-molt behavior. It could spend quite a stretch in there too. Don't worry though. Your T will come out when it's ready. (or hungry again ;))

Atrax

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Most often that is pre-molt behavior. It could spend quite a stretch in there too. Don't worry though. Your T will come out when it's ready. (or hungry again ;))

Atrax
hmm well shes finished she has just built up a lump so i think nixy might be right shes building a door at the moment she just has she like front legs out and some of her body....she waiting for a cricket to go past lol?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
(grins)
Mine do that. Sit on the threshold and wait it to rain crickets...
Our Versicolor sits half out of her web castle like this half the time.

If your darling starts webbing up the upper opening over the hump.
Don't be upset.
Atrax said this is usual premolt behavior and T's can also just wall up and stay hidden till they get the munchies again.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
(grins)
Mine do that. Sit on the threshold and wait it to rain crickets...
Our Versicolor sits half out of her web castle like this half the time.

If your darling starts webbing up the upper opening over the hump.
Don't be upset.
Atrax said this is usual premolt behavior and T's can also just wall up and stay hidden till they get the munchies again.
ok thanks for ure replies people ^_^ active little thing...anyway im putting her on a diet for a week cause shes starting to look like one of rapunzal's big butt spiders ^_^