My Snake is getting ready to shed right??

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The last couple of days my snake has had these blue eyes. That means that he is getting ready to shed anyday now right? When should I get ready for him to shed?

Attachments

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm confused...

You said about 2 weeks ago that your ball python went in blue (blue eyes). Then last week you said his eyes cleared up. That usually means they're about ready to shed. Now his eyes have gone blue again? I've never heard of that happening. What's going on? :?

Anyway, to answer your question, when their eyes turn blue, they usually shed anywhere from 4-8 days after that. Their eyes will also clear up at least 1 or 2 days before the shed. The important thing is to not handle him at all once his eyes turn blue. At least, until he does shed his skin.

Bry

Last edited:

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't Bry

Bry I don't know what to do with this snake man. First he had mites then we got rid of them, then he got them again and we had to use that prevent-a-mite, and I've never seen them mites again. He's not eating and he never moves around in his cage. Two weeks ago his eyes were foggy blueish then they cleared up, and then they went back to become a royal blue almost. I'm confused:? Anyways me and my dad are going to that reptile show here in Arizona. We want to come back with a red tail boa or a columbian red tail or even a hogisland red tail boa. We just want a red tail boa. My dad almost bought one at petco for a 100 dollars and then he remembered that thay sold us a snake with mites. We hope to see a red tail boa at that price at the show. I can't wait to go:D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sam, might be a good idea to take a magnifying glass with you to the show to check for mites, ticks, etc. on any snake you are interested in.
Ed

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you didnt happen to handle him when his eyes were milky or anytime after did you because this can sometimes prolong the sheding process...my mate keeps boas and thats what she said..hes a ball python right? she just saved a f/baby and is now nursing her back to health