My snails, roaches and isopods

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
You had such a beautiful collection of snails. I wish we could have those giants here in the US. I currently only keep Cepaea nemoralis, Cepaea hortensis and Helix aspersa. I may be getting some Helix pomatia soon. I've been wanting them for some time now. Those Arianta arbustorum are especially beautiful but I understand what you mean by to much slime. Really it's all their that gets to me at times but I still love keeping them.
I'm interested to know if you ever finished out what species those Armadillidium sp. you have in the op are? I love the black with white spots. They remind me of my Armadillidium depressum.

Marika

Arachnoangel
You had such a beautiful collection of snails. I wish we could have those giants here in the US. I currently only keep Cepaea nemoralis, Cepaea hortensis and Helix aspersa. I may be getting some Helix pomatia soon. I've been wanting them for some time now. Those Arianta arbustorum are especially beautiful but I understand what you mean by to much slime. Really it's all their that gets to me at times but I still love keeping them.
I'm interested to know if you ever finished out what species those Armadillidium sp. you have in the op are? I love the black with white spots. They remind me of my Armadillidium depressum.
Thanks! I kinda miss my C. nemoralis and H. pomatia, C. nemoralis are so colorful and beautiful and I think H. pomatia are super cute. You can find them in Finland but not in my area. A. arbustorum is a common species here.

I'm pretty sure they were A. vulgare.

Last edited:

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Thanks! I kinda miss my C. nemoralis and H. pomatia, C. nemoralis are so colorful and beautiful and I think H. pomatia are super cute. You can find them in Finland but not in my area. A. arbustorum is a common species here.

I pretty sure they were A. vulgare.
I love C. nomoralis. They are in my area. I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to be and are not known to be found here but I got lucky one day while out herping and found one area where there are a lot of them. It's a cut off location so my guess is someone let some go there at one time. I wish I had Arianta arbustorum near me. I live in the US and they are one of the largest terrestrial snails found here and we can't even have GALs here. That would be my dream snail but will be happy to even get a few H. pomatia.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Anything new on the collection front @Marika?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Nope, not really. I haven't added anything new to my collection. A. tesselata colony is doing well, one hisser is still living with them, snails are as slimy as always and mantids have already died. Oh, and I don't have isopods anymore (except for T. tomentosa), I'm not sure if I have mentioned that. I also started a dubia colony (still very small), they are supposed to be feeders but are more like pets :rolleyes: I kinda meant to get a new Hierodula membranacea, because I really liked my female Shelly, but instead I just bought more tarantulas, lol. Maybe next year.